PlayStation - Marvel VS Capcom - NTSC - Arcade Mode [Points] - 1,811,800

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 05-15-2022, 11:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    I'm with you, just exploring the issue-
    So it's almost better in a way, less actual modding necessary?
    Seems like a good device, you know I've been considering it, this really might be the one I go with, it's available at the main place I buy from(actually, out of stock atm, but is on their site, anyway), Stone Age Gamer(not cheap, but if you do enough, you get good discounts eventually...).
    Hmm.
    Reminds me of an old expansion cart which allowed playing copied games on an unmodded PS1: boot up with an original disc & the cart cut-in after the copyright check. It came with a spring to force the cd ejection-detection mechanism to be "always loaded".
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Thanks Rogerpoco, fredb999 thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, RaGeNyC liked this post
  2. 05-15-2022, 12:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    Reminds me of an old expansion cart which allowed playing copied games on an unmodded PS1: boot up with an original disc & the cart cut-in after the copyright check. It came with a spring to force the cd ejection-detection mechanism to be "always loaded".
    Pretty much exactly!
    I had a buddy that was on the internet very early(actually, he's the Bro I recently reconnected with, that outright gave me his old TG-16), and he found it, figured I'd want it.
    Was literally my very first purchase/experience with the internet.
    Couldn't tell you the year, but the PS1 was out, and the PS2 wasn't out, so I'm sure that can narrow it down.
    Got my own first "modern" PC a little after that-
    Couple phone bills later, I had to give up the computer for a few years.
    :D
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
    Thanks fredb999 thanked this post
    Likes Barthax, RaGeNyC liked this post
  3. 05-15-2022, 12:21 PM
    I'm with you, just exploring the issue-
    So it's almost better in a way, less actual modding necessary?
    Seems like a good device, you know I've been considering it, this really might be the one I go with, it's available at the main place I buy from(actually, out of stock atm, but is on their site, anyway), Stone Age Gamer(not cheap, but if you do enough, you get good discounts eventually...).
    Hmm.
    Even though the drive stays intact, there's still soldering involved. I'd say, similar to Xstation's soldering difficulty (average). Though it's not for PS1, the best is Fenrir for the Saturn. You just unplug your CD drive and plug that som'B in! No soldering at all.
    my pronouns: f/you.
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  4. 05-15-2022, 12:22 PM
    Pretty much exactly!
    I had a buddy that was on the internet very early(actually, he's the Bro I recently reconnected with, that outright gave me his old TG-16), and he found it, figured I'd want it.
    Was literally my very first purchase/experience with the internet.
    Couldn't tell you the year, but the PS1 was out, and the PS2 wasn't out, so I'm sure that can narrow it down.
    Got my own first "modern" PC a little after that-
    Couple phone bills later, I had to give up the computer for a few years.
    The worst part was, I never actually got to see Anna Kournikova nekked, which pissed me right off.
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
    Thanks fredb999 thanked this post
    Likes RaGeNyC, wwdkong liked this post
  5. 05-15-2022, 12:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGeNyC View Post
    Even though the drive stays intact, there's still soldering involved. I'd say, similar to Xstation's soldering difficulty (average). Though it's not for PS1, the best is Fenrir for the Saturn. You just unplug your CD drive and plug that som'B in! No soldering at all.
    Hmm. What the hell is a Saturn?
    :P
    Naw, I have one, but I don't even know if it works.
    Would I want to play the Saturn?
    Literal question.
    I'm thinking not, but I really don't know the system at all, remember disliking it "just because", like Coke/Pepsi preference.
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
    Likes RaGeNyC, fredb999 liked this post
  6. 05-15-2022, 12:26 PM
    Hmm. What the hell is a Saturn?
    :P
    Naw, I have one, but I don't even know if it works.
    Would I want to play the Saturn?
    Literal question.
    I'm thinking not, but I really don't know the system at all, remember disliking it "just because", like Coke/Pepsi preference.
    It has some 32 bit exclusives that warrent owning it, I think. Nights into Dreams, Daytona, Daytona Championship, Sega Rally, to name a few.
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, fredb999 liked this post
  7. 05-15-2022, 12:29 PM
    Their Virtua Racing version won me over last year. It's defferent from the other versions, but once you get the feel for it, it's awesome. Also, Road Rash is the smoothest of all the 32 bit consoles. I could go on and on here with the console's pluses. :)
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, fredb999 liked this post
  8. 05-15-2022, 12:29 PM
    The worst part was, I never actually got to see Anna Kournikova nekked, which pissed me right off.

dude. does your entitlement know no bounds? :P
    Likes RaGeNyC, Rogerpoco, Barthax liked this post
  9. 05-15-2022, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wwdkong View Post
    dude. does your entitlement know no bounds? :P
    OK, truly(I do get it, and fair enough...)
    Not to whine/sob story, but this stupid TOS in my arm-
    Every so often, I take gabapentin for four or five days, an am in the middle of a cycle right now.
    Was JUST discussing it with my Wife and Daughter(we are all nurses), the medicine is the most disorienting thing, ever, I HATE it, but it helps my arm.
    It does, tho, make me a bit abrasive, no question, I really do realize that. Mebbe should put myself on PC restriction when I'm on it...

I have to take it tho, there's no real solution to the problem, and "pain management" is all you can do-
    I refuse to take pain medications, always have, can't stomach them, literally.

Ah, sorry-I kinda felt like it was a known pop culture joke of the times, apologies for being a bit offensive!
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
    Thanks wwdkong, fredb999 thanked this post
    Likes wwdkong liked this post
  10. 05-15-2022, 12:42 PM
    OK, truly(I do get it, and fair enough...)
    Not to whine/sob story, but this stupid TOS in my arm-
    Every so often, I take gabapentin for four or five days, an am in the middle of a cycle right now.
    Was JUST discussing it with my Wife and Daughter(we are all nurses), the medicine is the most disorienting thing, ever, I HATE it, but it helps my arm.
    It does, tho, make me a bit abrasive, no question, I really do realize that. Mebbe should put myself on PC restriction when I'm on it...

I have to take it tho, there's no real solution to the problem, and "pain management" is all you can do-
    I refuse to take pain medications, always have, can't stomach them, literally.

Ah, sorry-I kinda felt like it was a known pop culture joke of the times, apologies for being a bit offensive!
    i WAS NOT that serious, seriously.
    Likes Rogerpoco, RaGeNyC liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Join us