Arcade - XXX-1 Multi-PCB - Galaga High Score Challenge! (TG Marathon Settings) - 138,360

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Arcade - XXX-1 Multi-PCB - Galaga High Score Challenge! (TG Marathon Settings) - 138,360

05-15-2022, 09:07 PM
    vzaar-player

Galaga High Score Challenge! (TG Marathon Settings)
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=208557
    Rank
    Rules
    Dip-Switch Bank 6J:
    1 = OFF
    2 = ON
    3-6 = OFF
    7 = OFF/UNUSED
    8 = OFF

Dip-Switch Bank 6K:
    1-3 = OFF
    4 = ON
    5 = OFF
    6-7 = ON
    8 = OFF

Position B: Normal

Note: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Settings for this title and will provide the following settings;

3 Lives
    Extra Ship @ 20k, 70k and every 70k thereafter.

Difficulty: Rank D

Special Rules: Usage of the trick to cause enemies to stop firing is banned. It has been deemed permissible for a player to intentionally play on the player 2 side so as to allow the millions-digit to show up in the final score.

Submission Message
    Galaga ?high ⬆️score ? - CSO - ??⚔️???????

Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, francoisadt liked this post
  2. 05-19-2022, 09:02 AM
    1. Can you show that difficulty Rank D was selected or for this it is default?
    2. Can get either the dip switch game settings or the game setting menu to show that difficulty rank D was selected?
    Rules
    3 Lives
    Extra Ship @ 20k, 70k and every 70k thereafter.
    Difficulty: Rank D

Start :15
    Final Name:  image.png
Views: 154
Size:  443.4 KBName:  image.png
Views: 152
Size:  461.4 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  3. 06-28-2022, 04:33 PM
    So as I posted in the track thread, the DIPS on this track are copied from the ARCADE track and DO NOT MATCH the dips on the 60-1.
    So the 60-1 needs to be as I've shown below to match what the track rules are asking.
    Name:  Track_Rules.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  66.6 KBName:  Track_Post.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  60.7 KB
    Name:  iCade_Settings.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  290.4 KB

The Galaga manual for the arcade shows Rank D as most difficult, the only option on 60-1 is difficulty at HARDEST, which should match.

Name:  Galaga_Manual_Dips.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  215.6 KB

UNfortunelty when these tracks were made there was no cross-referencing betwwn the arcade manual, arcade rules, and 60-1 settings. Otherwise things would have been clearer.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  4. 06-28-2022, 04:37 PM
    Also both other submission on this track show the dip settings in the video. I'd suggest OP play again and then show the DIP settings. (seems like he/she has a higher score anyway so might as well take the few minutes to do it again)
    Name:  iCade_Settings2.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  290.1 KB
  5. 08-10-2022, 06:14 AM
    Settings cant be confirmed, and events seem to imply this was most likely played on settings that dont match with the rules listed for this track so I'll likely be voting no, but I highly encourage the submitter to submit another performance.
    Rampage Arcade World Champion
    ...............Roy was Right..................
  6. 08-30-2022, 10:21 PM
    Voting no.
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/signaturepics/sigpic464367_2.gif
  7. 09-22-2022, 11:02 AM
    Thanks for sharing. Apology from an oversight from my side as creator of these tracks I have made an incorrect assumpution that the rules as stipulated under the arcade version are ccorrect and have copied those.

I will ask TG to edit the rules to change reflectingc above
    streaming mspacman normal and turbo speed at:

Francois du Toit
    Thanks 80sArcadeKid thanked this post
    Likes 80sArcadeKid liked this post
Join us