1. --Speedruns - Mercs (Sega Genesis) - Fastest Time - 10:36.07

05-19-2022, 06:30 PM
    vzaar-player

Fastest Time
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=247525
    Rank
    Rules
    Mercs for the Sega GenesisArcade modeNormal difficulty No Rapid FireTime starts when your character is on the beach.Time stops when you lose control of your character.Fastest time is the best.
    Submission Message
    Game shown at 5 seconds
    Power up shown at 22 seconds
    Options shown at 35 seconds
    Final time shown at 11:21
    The final time will read 10:36.3 however when I put the video in vegas studios and trimmed it from start to finish, the proper time came to 10:36;07. I started the timer slightly late from the start however was even more late hitting the pause button at the finish time when I lost control of my character. That is the discrepancy in the milliseconds.

Likes Luigi Ruffolo liked this post
  2. 05-20-2022, 02:14 PM
    I checked this out this morning. I forgot the exact calculations, but it looked like10:33's to me. With the late start, and like you pointed out, at the end--You lose control and you didn't stop the timer for a few seconds.
    my pronouns: f/you.
    Likes MaineiacGaming liked this post
  3. 05-20-2022, 04:15 PM
    Oh 10:33 sounds better. I just rechecked the time. I ended up with 10:36;07. Definitely recheck if you feel the time is off. I appreciate you supporting this run. One of my favorite games.
    Likes RaGeNyC liked this post
  4. 05-20-2022, 05:33 PM
    Ok, I thought you lost control immediately after the final blow at 11:16 on the TG player. 10:36.07 looks good to me..

Accepted!
    my pronouns: f/you.
    Thanks MaineiacGaming thanked this post
  5. 05-20-2022, 06:12 PM
    I use to run this game a lot a few years ago. I am basically using Speedrun.com's parameters. One reason I ran my character all around after destroying the plane is because you still have control for a little bit. By me running my character around you get a true sense of when the character loses control because the character will automatically stop. My best time ever for this game is 10:15 which is going to be very tough but I am hoping to do it here eventually.
    Likes RaGeNyC, Luigi Ruffolo liked this post
  6. 05-23-2022, 10:20 AM
    Voting yes
    Rules
    Mercs for the Sega Genesis
    Arcade mode Normal difficulty No Rapid Fire

Time starts when your character is on the beach.
    Time stops when you lose control of your character.Fastest time is the best.
    Start
    Name:  image.png
Views: 14
Size:  716.3 KBName:  image.png
Size:  692.7 KB
    Final
    Name:  image.png
Size:  840.7 KBName:  image.png
Views: 13
Size:  753.4 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
Join us