M.A.M.E. - Galaxian Part 4 - Points - 247,050

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 05-27-2022, 02:22 PM
    Actually, I rotated the screen 90 degrees counter clockwise (in MAME) and physically rotated the monitor 90 degrees clockwise to
    simulate the real Galaxian arcade screen. It worked out well!
    Thanks wwdkong, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, Luigi Ruffolo, kernzyp liked this post
  2. 05-27-2022, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JJT_Defender View Post
    1a. What do you mean "clue where"?

1. So, the MAME INP file has to be zipped.
    2. How do you ZIP MAME INP, I am a newbie trying to install MAME correctly so, can play games and upload to Twin Galaxies?
    3. How do look to watch a Zip MAME game INP file?
    4. How do you NVRAM turn it off, and why do you have turn NVRAM off?
    5. What is the function of NVRAM and what does it stand for?
    6. How do start recording your video game attempt?
    7. How do get a copy of your video game recording to upload to your video game submission?
    yes the inp file needs to be zipped or else the date/time stamp will probably be wrong.
    i think most people download & install 7-zip so when you right-click a file you can choose the option "7-zip"-->"add to"file name.
    we play back inp files by first extracting the inp file from the zipped folder, then using the version of mame to play it back, the ways to do it change a bit from version to version.
    nvram only happens on certain games thankfully, you can turn it off by opening the mame.ini file, find the nvram_directory line, and changing the 0 or 1 to nul.
    i use wolfmame 0.183 and record the inp file with the red button on the gui interface, i temporarily name it inpFile, when i keep it i keep the original, copy it, & rename it initials_romsetName_score_wolfmameVersionNumber.
    i've used both obs & windows gameBar to record video of the games.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Evan, JJT_Defender liked this post
  3. 05-27-2022, 03:35 PM
    clarification--
    i think most people download & install 7-zip so when you right-click a file you can choose the option "7-zip"-->"add to"file name dot zip to create the zip file.
    Likes Evan, JJT_Defender liked this post
  4. 05-27-2022, 03:47 PM
    another oops...
    we play back inp files by first extracting the inp file from the zipped folder, then using the same version of mame that the player used, to play it back, the ways to do it change a bit from version to version.
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  5. 06-17-2022, 01:06 PM
    Can TG members vote and get this 3-month-old video game submissions out of the submission que?
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  6. 09-02-2022, 10:41 PM
    Bumping for votes.
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/signaturepics/sigpic464367_2.gif
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Join us