Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive - NHL '95 - NTSC - Biggest Blowout - 58

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 06-05-2022, 05:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sdwyer138 View Post
    voting no
    That’s fine but you have no valid reason to vote no. This isn’t a speedrun. Pausing is irrelevant.
  2. 06-05-2022, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeVickEBC View Post
    That’s fine but you have no valid reason to vote no. This isn’t a speedrun. Pausing is irrelevant.
    As it was already mentioned to you, pausing is against global rules. Global rules override any track specific rules. So yes, that is a valid reason to vote no.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
  3. 06-05-2022, 06:58 AM
    I worded that somewhat incorrectly. My apologies.

If the track has specific rules regarding pausing, the track rules must be followed. However if the track does not have specific rules about pausing, then the global rules must be followed.
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  4. 06-05-2022, 06:58 AM
    Many of my first round of submissions were rejected due to mistakes I made. Wrong settings in MAME uaually. It hurts, but it makes you be more careful next time.

The global rule is pausing is not allowed. This is a sport afterall. The global rules state no pausing. People are indeed forgiving for accidental pauses, or sometime when the person needed to load another tape in the VCR to keep recording.

17 minutes though is too much.

Sadly, I have to vote no. I am pretty sure you can beat this score, I look forward to your next submission.
    Your friend, datagod
    "не преследуй меня бро"
    https://hashnode.com/@datagod/joinme
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  5. 06-05-2022, 08:09 AM
    Mike, if you vote 'yes' on this and it gets rejected you will lose around 130 Cred points, leaving you below the 1000 point threshold needed for submitting. Incorrect votes take away something like 10% of ones credibility if I remember right. If that happens you wont be able to submit another performance until you correctly vote on enough submissions, and you only get like 2-3 cred point for every correct vote so you will need to vote correctly on something like 40 submissions before you'd be able to submit again.

Dont feel bad or get discouraged. Like Datagod mentioned, I too made a lot of mistakes when I first started submitting and had several submissions rejected. Nearly everyone who first starts submitting here makes mistakes their first time or two, its no big deal.

Here's what I would highly recommend you do:
    1)Record and submit another game, this time with no pauses. Make sure you show boot up of the game and footage of the console and cart, and that you have footage of the entire game from beginning to end, with a clear shot of the score.

2) Comment here on this submission and ask that everyone Vote No on this submission. That way its not sitting here in the queue forever. This will get rejected, so may as well get this over with.

3) Vote No on this submission. This will give you some credibility points and submission points.

This is exactly what experienced members do whenever they enter a submission with a mistake in it. I have asked people vote no to probably a dozen of my submissions over the last few years because of mistakes I made somewhere in the process. Everyone wants to see you succeed. No one wants to reject a new members submission, especially when its something rather impressive (IMO anyway) such as your performance here, but the rules must be adhered to.
    I look forward to voting on your resubmission. Would be cool if you got the blowout record for all the NHL Sega games.
    Rampage Arcade World Champion
    ...............Roy was Right..................
    Thanks JJT_Defender, Luigi Ruffolo thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, datagod liked this post
  6. 06-05-2022, 09:40 AM
    Ask Twin Galaxies members to vote no and you vote no to.
    Like the other Twin Galaxies members are trying to help you we all have have messed up on a few video game submissions.
    Just resubmit with a new world record biggest blowout score of 58 or more, I am completely sure that you can.

I understand about children, and they are number 1 priority in our lives and attend to their needs first, I and many other Twin Galaxies members agree with you on that.

The player would be breaking that rule unless like TG member stated in a previous reply unless the rules state a player can pause his or her game.
    Thank you
    God bless you and your family and friends
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
    Likes Excelliron liked this post
  7. 06-05-2022, 09:42 AM
    There are indeed reasons to not accept pauses during play. I am pretty good at certain games, but after a while I get cramps in my hands. I need to take a break fore my fingers seize up. Other players who have stronger/better hands can play for hours without needed a break. They dominate while I watch on the sidelines and cheer them on.

Allowing me to pause for 10 minutes would improve my score, but that isn't how competition works.
    Your friend, datagod
    "не преследуй меня бро"
    https://hashnode.com/@datagod/joinme
    Likes JJT_Defender, Luigi Ruffolo liked this post
  8. 06-24-2022, 03:54 PM
    I'm really hoping you follow through with posting a score again. You played a great run and I'm hoping to see more from you in the future. It might feel like people are being really hard about a thing that was justified, but, there are reasons it's a general rule. That being said, I honestly think you'll end up beating this score yourself. I think you have it in you.
  9. 06-25-2022, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeVickEBC View Post
    Unfortunately, the rules are global. No pausing means no pausing. I know you're upset since this is such a great score, but unfortunately if we make an exception here, then everyone else will be asking for exceptions.

Just vote no and submit a new score. I don't want to see you lose credibility for this.
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Join us