1. Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive - NHL '95 - NTSC - Biggest Blowout - 58

05-24-2022, 10:09 AM
    vzaar-player

Additional Video Evidence:
    vzaar-player

vzaar-player
    NTSC - Biggest Blowout
    Track

Here is the second VOD after internet connection restored, which starts at 15-1 and finishes at 59-1 :

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 59-1.jpg  
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 05-24-2022, 10:21 AM
    Some additional notes:

1. Why is there double audio? - I left desktop audio on in OBS, rookie mistake.

2. Where is the proof of the system being turned on? - In the first FOD, at 0:00, the screen goes from blue to black the the white lettering. This is when the system is turned on, and if you follow the VOD you see it is never turned off again prior to the record game beginning at 38:55 or so. The screen going from blue to black, as well as the black screen with white lettering before the logos/beginning credits roll, are only possible on a console.

3. Why are there 2 VODs? - I am not entirely sure. I've been researching and have come to find that while streaming on Twitch, if you even lose internet connectivity for 1 second, your VOD will break into 2 VODs (even though to the streaming audience, it looks like a continuous stream). I assume I briefly lost internet connection at the time of the break.

4. Why is there a 15 minute pause in the game near the end of the first period? - My son woke up from his sleep crying, and I had to go put him back to bed. There is nothing in the rules prohibiting pausing the game, so this should not be an issue.

5. How can we be sure the 2nd VOD is continuing the first run, and not a new run? - At 45:22 of the 1st VOD, Chelios scores to make it 15-1 with 3:15 remaining in the first period. At 16:56 of the 2nd VOD, I resume playing, clock is at 3:15, players are in the exact same positions as when I paused the game, and in fact Chelios is doing the same celebration animation as when I paused the game.
    Likes meatballz liked this post
  3. 05-25-2022, 12:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeVickEBC View Post
    There is nothing in the rules prohibiting pausing the game, so this should not be an issue..
    Hey, great score. Actually pausing is against the rules. I think its listed in the universal rules. Its unfortunate, Ive had to redo quite a few games after having accidently paused or having to pause it for some other reason.

Here is the universal, or global rule set:
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/wiki_in...l-Submissions&

Here it says:
    "If a game track rule set or platform category does not expressly mention or imply that pausing gameplay is acceptable, then the default general rule is that pausing will not be allowed on that track"

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I hope its not too much trouble to record another game without pausing. Welcome to TG btw!
    Rampage Arcade World Champion
    ...............Roy was Right..................
    Thanks wwdkong thanked this post
    Likes datagod liked this post
  4. 05-25-2022, 01:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Excelliron View Post
    Hey, great score. Actually pausing is against the rules. I think its listed in the universal rules. Its unfortunate, Ive had to redo quite a few games after having accidently paused or having to pause it for some other reason.

Here is the universal, or global rule set:
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/wiki_in...l-Submissions&

Here it says:
    "If a game track rule set or platform category does not expressly mention or imply that pausing gameplay is acceptable, then the default general rule is that pausing will not be allowed on that track"

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I hope its not too much trouble to record another game without pausing. Welcome to TG btw!
    Thank you. Just to be confirm, what if I want to pause to pull my goalie? Or to substitute out a player who isn’t performing well or who gets knocked out of the game or just to change strategies? That is not allowed either, even in a sports game?
    Likes Excelliron liked this post
  5. 05-25-2022, 02:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeVickEBC View Post
    Thank you. Just to be confirm, what if I want to pause to pull my goalie? Or to substitute out a player who isn’t performing well or who gets knocked out of the game or just to change strategies? That is not allowed either, even in a sports game?
    Any game where the pause menu is used to play the game in some fashion, for example changing weapons, characters, etc and its an expected, regular part of the gameplay then yes pausing temporarily in order to manage those things would be acceptable.

To be honest people are pretty forgiving around here, more so than I like sometimes, if you had only paused it for a couple seconds you'd probably get a pass since your a new member and didnt know better but being it was such a long pause this submission will likely be rejected.

A couple tips:

1) I always suggest new members adjudicate a number of submissions before they start submitting a lot regularly. This will educate you on whats expected of an evidence package, what is and isnt allowed, etc. Correct votes will also earn you submission points and Credibility points, but beware, incorrect votes will lower your credibility, and you must maintain a score of 1000 Cred in order to submit.

2) Vote on your own submissions for easy Sub pts/Cred pts, even if its a 'no' vote.

3) When submitting always include footage of boot-up and the console/cart.

4) You can resubmit a performance for this game anytime you want, you dont have to wait for this to be rejected.

From what Ive seen your evidence package looks good, its just the pause is the only thing.
    If you have any questions about anything feel free to ask myself or most anyone here, most all are more than happy to help out newcomers.
    Rampage Arcade World Champion
    ...............Roy was Right..................
    Thanks MikeVickEBC, datagod thanked this post
    Likes wwdkong, MikeVickEBC liked this post
  6. 06-03-2022, 05:20 PM
    You pause the game for 17 minutes before starting play again why? I am abstaining, I am out This against the Twin Galaxies rules.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	660.2 KB 
ID:	147097Click image for larger version. 

Views:	81 
Size:	520.8 KB 
ID:	147096
    Start 1:11
    Final

Size:	515.2 KB 
ID:	147095Click image for larger version. 

Views:	80 
Size:	532.7 KB 
ID:	147094Click image for larger version. 

Views:	82 
Size:	738.1 KB 
ID:	147093Click image for larger version. 

Views:	83 
Size:	1,003.5 KB 
ID:	147092
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  7. 06-03-2022, 06:51 PM
    I have to abstain too. 17 minutes without doing anything while paused is questionable.
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
  8. 06-03-2022, 08:04 PM
    voting no
  9. 06-04-2022, 06:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JJT_Defender View Post
    You pause the game for 17 minutes before starting play again why? I am abstaining, I am out This against the Twin Galaxies rules.

Views:	78 
Size:	660.2 KB 
ID:	147097Click image for larger version. 

Size:	520.8 KB 
ID:	147096
    Start 1:11
    Final

Size:	515.2 KB 
ID:	147095Click image for larger version. 

Views:	80 
Size:	532.7 KB 
ID:	147094Click image for larger version. 

Views:	82 
Size:	738.1 KB 
ID:	147093Click image for larger version. 

Views:	83 
Size:	1,003.5 KB 
ID:	147092
    My kid woke up, had to put him back to sleep. There’s nothing in the game specific rules saying this wasnt allowed. If it’s against Twin Galaxies rules, that’s fine vote No I’ll just break the record again.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
  10. 06-04-2022, 08:04 PM
    You bring up a valid point. I'd like to hear the opinions of others?
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us