PlayStation 2 - Final Fantasy X - NTSC - Catcher Chocobo [Best Final Time] - 00.001

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. PlayStation 2 - Final Fantasy X - NTSC - Catcher Chocobo [Best Final Time] - 00.001

05-27-2022, 12:44 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Catcher Chocobo [Best Final Time]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=245252
    Rank

Rules
    Score is determined by your final calculated time at the end of the Catcher Chocobo minigame.
    Submission Message
    Disc, console and boot up shown at 0:00
    Controller shown at 0:40
    Selecting the Catcher Chocobo minigame shown at 1:30
    Attempts begin at 1:38
    Run begins at 18:35
    Best Final Time pf 0:0.0 shown at 19:30

This submission comes along with a story, so bear with me. I asked this question to TG some time ago, both as a wall post and in the error scoreboard and was never given a definitive answer. When it comes to the Chocobo Catcher minigame in Final Fantasy X, either NTSC or PAL, the best final time you can achieve is 0:0.0. But TG doesn't allow any scores that are complete zeros across the board. The closest you can do, from what I've seen, is to include 001 in the milliseconds slot. So I decided to do this run to show everyone that a score such as this is an actual thing in a video game as well as to get everyone's opinion. Would this score be acceptable or no? I just want a definitive answer on this question that I asked so long ago and thought the best possible way would be to do a video.

Thanks Mazer, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 05-27-2022, 12:48 PM
    I'll even tag @admin staff⁠ @TWIN GALAXIES⁠ and @Jace Hall⁠ for their input as well. I look forward to seeing what everyone has to say about this submission and this score. If its accepted, that's cool. If it isn't, that's cool too. I just want a definitive answer on this.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
  3. 05-27-2022, 02:30 PM
    I get the position you are in with the current limitations, but you don't want this accepted. Regardless of any current limitations, the performance does not match the score reported. Even if everybody here right now thinks its a fine workaround, it will always be open to dispute in the future for that reason.

Also, what happens when it does get fixed, then someone comes along and submits a true zero score, well they have just beat you and you will always be 2nd place, even if you resubmit with a true zero.

Voting no, the scoreboard needs to be fixed before you take your place on it.
    Thanks LAH16 thanked this post
  4. 05-27-2022, 02:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sdwyer138 View Post
    I get the position you are in with the current limitations, but you don't want this accepted. Regardless of any current limitations, the performance does not match the score reported. Even if everybody here right now thinks its a fine workaround, it will always be open to dispute in the future for that reason.

Also, what happens when it does get fixed, then someone comes along and submits a true zero score, well they have just beat you and you will always be 2nd place, even if you resubmit with a true zero.

Voting no, the scoreboard needs to be fixed before you take your place on it.
    See? Now this is the kind of answer I wanted all this time but no would be give me a definitive answer. Thanks so much for your input, my friend. The main reason I did this run was so that I could get TG members and higher ups talking because a timed score of 0 is something that's possible in a video game and I'd like to see this change implemented. Again, thank you so much for your thoughts and input. :)
  5. 05-27-2022, 09:16 PM
    Bumping not for votes, but to get more TG members seeing this submission. I know that this submission will be rejected and I'm totally fine with that. The purpose of this was to show that a time score of 0:0.0 was possible in a video game and to bring it to TG members attention in hopes that a possible change to time scoring will be implemented where a score of 0:0.0 can be submitted.
    Thanks JennyBlue91, datagod thanked this post
    Likes Luigi Ruffolo liked this post
  6. 05-27-2022, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LAH16 View Post
    Bumping not for votes, but to get more TG members seeing this submission. I know that this submission will be rejected and I'm totally fine with that. The purpose of this was to show that a time score of 0:0.0 was possible in a video game and to bring it to TG members attention in hopes that a possible change to time scoring will be implemented where a score of 0:0.0 can be submitted.
    I don't know if or when, but I do hope that the change happens. This is an incredible feat, being able to achieve a score like this and in my opinion, it should be recognized. I'm really glad you were able to do a video in order to show TG this score and hopefully this will be the spark that one day leads to that change.
  7. 05-28-2022, 11:46 AM
    I JJT have done 0:0:0 on the catcher Chocobo challenge and I am sure other players around the world have done it to. main thing is avoiding the birds, and the get the balloon safely they deduct time to finish line.

The track rules need to be corrected and Twin Galaxies scoreboard timer needs to be able to reflect the 0:0:0 time so players can submit.
    Start
    Final
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	674.5 KB 
ID:	146699

Views:	36 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	146698
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  8. 05-28-2022, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JJT_Defender View Post
    I JJT have done 0:0:0 on the catcher Chocobo challenge and I am sure other players around the world have done it to. main thing is avoiding the birds, and the get the balloon safely they deduct time to finish line.

The track rules need to be corrected and Twin Galaxies scoreboard timer needs to be able to reflect the 0:0:0 time so players can submit.
    Start
    Final

Views:	39 
Size:	674.5 KB 
ID:	146699

Views:	36 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	146698
    Here's hoping that change comes. I know its something that will take time but I wanted to make this submission to raise awareness and get people talking that a score of 0:0.0 is possible and is a change that should be made with submitting timed scores.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
  9. 05-28-2022, 05:36 PM
    Voting No. Wrong time.
    Rampage Arcade World Champion
    ...............Roy was Right..................
  10. 05-28-2022, 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Excelliron View Post
    Voting No. Wrong time.
    I'm happy to finally get some feedback on this question I asked so long ago. Now that I know that this time won't be accepted, which I totally expected, now I know that the only way for 0:0.0 to get accepted is for the way time scores are submitted as of now to change so that all zeros will be accepted. I did this run to raise awareness on the subject and I'm happy for the response its getting.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us