Game Boy / Game Boy Color - Tetris - Game B - Level 9 High 5 - Points - 21,310

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Game Boy / Game Boy Color - Tetris - Game B - Level 9 High 5 - Points - 21,310

05-28-2022, 10:23 AM
    vzaar-player

Game B - Level 9 High 5 - Points
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=16880
    Rank
    Rules
    • Highest points for completing all 25 lines on level 0-high 5.
    • Please note: You must complete the challenge in order to submit a score.

Submission Message
    I am 11 years old and this is my first submission. My dad has a few scores on here and I really wanted to get one on the board too! I hope this submission is ok. Thanks

Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
  2. 05-28-2022, 10:41 AM
    I'll admit this submission is from my daughter! It was difficult getting her into Tetris at first (especially in black and white and on a gameboy) but she's finally hooked now and very proud to have achieved a score for the leaderboard. In the beginning she found it difficult but with the offer of £1 for a Tetris she was soon hooked and can now comfortably beat me. We're mostly on Tetris 99 now but she's been after a score on TG for a long time and finally got out the camera to film it and got a good score on her second try. I hope the video passes muster with you guys and if not we'll try again. Cheers!
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  3. 05-28-2022, 11:21 AM
    Voting yes
    Welcome Hollzie26 to Twin Galaxies
    I did great.
    Start :35
    Final
    Name:  image.png
Views: 54
Size:  1.09 MBName:  image.png
Size:  1.07 MBName:  image.png
Size:  1.13 MBName:  image.png
Size:  1.14 MB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
    Thanks Tetramino thanked this post
    Likes Tetramino liked this post
  4. 05-30-2022, 03:20 AM
    Voting YES!

Welcome to Twin Galaxies, and congrats on beating dad's score haha!

I noticed you are using the A button for all rotations(something we literally all started out by doing lol), so the next step would be to learn how to use the B button for counter clockwise rotation as well, to help with speed. Also, if you can lay the GameBoy flat on the table, you can use your middle/index fingers to do what's called "Hyper-tapping" to get higher hertz inputs on the buttons, which helps incredibly for speed. Always nice to see these on a Grey Brick GameBoy too! Good luck on your next world record, and keep showing pops how it's done :)
    Thanks JJT_Defender, Hollzie26 thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, Hollzie26 liked this post
Join us