M.A.M.E. - Donkey Kong [US Set 1] - Fastest Kill Screen Activation - 01:21:17.169

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. M.A.M.E. - Donkey Kong [US Set 1] - Fastest Kill Screen Activation - 01:21:17.169

07-11-2022, 07:14 PM
    vzaar-player

Fastest Kill Screen Activation
    WolfMame version
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=132362
    Rank
    Rules
    ROMSet: dkongLives: 3Bonus life: 7000Note: Using older WolfMAME versions may result in slower overall times. Since TG technically allows all WolfMAME versions for competition there will be no restriction here.Special Rules:1) 1) Timer starts with the first movement of Jumpman at the beginning of a game. This can be determined in the INP playback.2) Game must reach the kill screen on Level 22-13) The kill screen bug MUST be activated at least once4) The timer stops and the run is completed with the first activation of the kill screen bug. This is considered to be the point at which all character and enemy movement on the screen stops as a result of the kill screen bug (oil can fire, flashing 1UP, and score/text sprites not included). Any other stops in action (during hammer smashes or deaths not related to the kill screen bug, for example) do not count.5) Only a 1 Player game using 1UP will be accepted
    Submission Message
    Time is taken from INP analysis (as I do not know how to calculate it that accuratley, Barra did it for me)
    The VIDEO supplied from the Twitch Stream does not have an accurate timer as it starts when player 1 is selected instead of first movement but gives a general timing.
    INP analysis exposes the actual time which is entered with this performance.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks JJT_Defender, Martin Pátra thanked this post
    Likes OOO, JJT_Defender, NWnike, Evan, Excelliron and 2 others liked this post
  2. 07-13-2022, 12:30 PM
    A Twin Galaxies member would have to do a frame by frame and include milliseconds before I vote yes excellent Donkey Kong speedrun
    Special Rules:1)
    1) Timer starts with the first movement of Jumpman at the beginning of a game.
    This can be determined in the INP playback.
    2) Game must reach the kill screen on Level 22-13) The kill screen bug MUST be activated at least once4)

The timer stops and the run is completed with the first activation of the kill screen bug. This is considered to be the point at which all character and enemy movement on the screen stops as a result of the kill screen bug (oil can fire, flashing 1UP, and score/text sprites not included).
    Start :09
    Name:  image.png
Views: 245
Size:  791.8 KBName:  image.png
Views: 255
Size:  791.1 KB
    Final
Views: 239
Size:  890.8 KBName:  image.png
Views: 246
Size:  887.8 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  3. 07-13-2022, 12:36 PM
    Need a Twin Galaxies member to do a MAME INP analyst before voting yes

Need a Twin Galaxies member to do a frame by frame and include milliseconds before I vote yes.

Excellent 80sArcadeKid Donkey Kong speed run
    Special Rules:1)
    1) Timer starts with the first movement of Jumpman at the beginning of a game.
    This can be determined in the INP playback.
    2) Game must reach the kill screen on Level 22-13) The kill screen bug MUST be activated at least once4)

The timer stops and the run is completed with the first activation of the kill screen bug. This is considered to be the point at which all character and enemy movement on the screen stops as a result of the kill screen bug (oil can fire, flashing 1UP, and score/text sprites not included).

Start :09
    Final 21:34
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  4. 07-13-2022, 12:40 PM
    Congratulations 80sArcadeKid in smash the world record by 12 minutes wow!
    Pending MAME INP and Frame by Frame analyst in milliseconds by Twin Galaxies members before I vote yes
    Thank you

Views: 248
Size:  132.3 KB
  5. 07-13-2022, 11:37 PM
    Correction This is the best I can do.
    #1 Need MAME INP anaalyst
    #2 Need a Twin Galaxies member who can do a frame-by-frame analyst of the Donkey Kong game, that would be to the nearest millisecond to get most accurate finale speed run time.

can be more accurate start and the final time to the nearest milliseconds and doing a frame-by-frame analyst of the

1) Timer starts with the first movement of Jump man at the beginning of a game. at :26.204
Views: 241
Size:  26.7 KB Name:  image.png
Views: 239
Size:  4.2 KB
    4) The timer stops, and the run is completed with the first activation of the kill screen bug. This is considered to be the point at which all character and enemy movement on the screen stops as a result of the kill screen bug (oil can fire, flashing 1UP, and score/text sprites not included).
Views: 245
Size:  59.4 KB Name:  image.png
Views: 246
Size:  8.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes mhartman liked this post
  6. 07-14-2022, 11:19 AM
    Darn Geoff. This is awesome. Great job!
    Thanks 80sArcadeKid thanked this post
    Likes 80sArcadeKid liked this post
  7. 07-17-2022, 07:00 PM
    Thanks all, Barra did the INP analysis over on speedrin.com so when we are past this crazy Kong Off weekend/Arcade Week, I'll try get him to do the INP Analysis. Or if someone else can? Thanks
    Thanks JJT_Defender, Evan thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  8. 08-01-2022, 11:09 AM
    Voted yes. Nice one Geoff!
  9. 08-10-2022, 08:40 AM
    Request for INP analysis please.
    This awesome performance deserves it asap.

Im surprised there havnt been any submissions to the 'Fastest Kill Screen Activation' tracks on arcade
    Rampage Arcade World Champion
    ...............Roy was Right..................
  10. 08-17-2022, 05:20 AM
    So the time submitted is the time also submitted on speedrun . com calculated by Barra on the INP.

So since he hasn't found the time yet to do that analysis for here, I used the TG timer and the in frame green timer, I've got the fames where it's the "same green timer frame" but the "TG timer is within 10th of a millisecond different, you can't get much closer without the exact INP frame time.

Mario appears (first movement right) on the same green time frame (see TG timer is 10th of a second different so pretty darn accurate)
    Name:  16.50_A.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  330.7 KBName:  16.50_B.jpg
Size:  333.6 KB

and at the end the fireball and barrel up top both stop (don't differ but TG timer does, so 10th of a second)
    Name:  121.33.68_A.jpg
Size:  286.1 KBName:  121.33.68_B.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  286.1 KB

If I use a calc on the TG hundreth of second time it comes to 17.168 which is 0.001 hundreth of a second diferent (lol) so not sure how accurate the INP analysis gos for this kind of track.
    Name:  Calc.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  14.2 KB

Can anyone else do the INP analysis thing for me?

So as long as the INP analysis comes back good I think the time is super accurate :)
    Also this is not the real WR, that is on speedrun at like 1hr 8min, amazing time.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Mr2NuT123, JJT_Defender liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us