1. Atari 400 / 800 / XL / XE - Squish 'Em - Level 8 - 72,250

08-04-2022, 04:31 AM
    vzaar-player

Level 8
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=13938
    Rank
    Rules
    Players must use the game's default settings upon boot-up.
    Submission Message
    mp4 video and a screenshot. I showed power off & on and the atarimax flash cartridge, both before and after the game. There's just one attempt on the video, and it starts at 0:01:48 on the video.
    Thanks to @RaGeNyC for the slik stik recommendation, it worked well here.
    Might be NSFW. Thank you for reviewing!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes nads, RaGeNyC, Rogerpoco, Rickster8 liked this post
  2. 08-04-2022, 05:59 AM
    Game starts at 3:00

Slik Stik-o-ramaaaaa...Glad it worked out for you.

Great gameplay, man. ACCEPTED!
    Thanks wwdkong thanked this post
    Likes nads, Rogerpoco, wwdkong liked this post
  3. 08-04-2022, 06:23 AM
    So strange to me that the 400 and 800 look so uniquely primitive(and beautiful), compared to the 600, which looks somewhat like a modern streamlined PC, but they are all so inherently "the same".
    I probably need to try a Slik Stik myself-continuing from PM, I heard back from AT games, lol, they can't help me/us "right now", so I guess I'm back to looking for an inexpensive flashback off the shelf at a store, to get the darned joysticks.
    :D
    Accepted!!!
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
    Likes wwdkong liked this post
  4. 08-04-2022, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGeNyC View Post
    Game starts at 3:00

Slik Stik-o-ramaaaaa...Glad it worked out for you.

Great gameplay, man. ACCEPTED!

the thing that really jumped out at me about the slik stik is how small it is, and i even have relatively small hands, it took some getting used to. i'm still more comfortable on most games w/ the classic cx40, especially the original one that ya can't feel moving hardly at all. but i'll definitely be trying it out on different games, thanks!
    Likes RaGeNyC liked this post
  5. 08-04-2022, 01:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    So strange to me that the 400 and 800 look so uniquely primitive(and beautiful), compared to the 600, which looks somewhat like a modern streamlined PC, but they are all so inherently "the same".
    I probably need to try a Slik Stik myself-continuing from PM, I heard back from AT games, lol, they can't help me/us "right now", so I guess I'm back to looking for an inexpensive flashback off the shelf at a store, to get the darned joysticks.
    Accepted!!!
    yeah, i haven't pressed all that hard on my flashback 2 joysticks yet, and both of 'em have still been somewhat compromised already. i went & got a flashback 7 for a new pair of paddles, but those sticks are wireless, plus need batteries, so i don't trust 'em.

side note, the paddles are disappointing as is, because they're tight, they have resistance, a very bad thing for kaboom.

don't know if you could find flashbacks in stores anymore, especially w/ wired sticks. ebay, yes? good luck.
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  6. 08-04-2022, 01:16 PM
    looks good
    voting yes
  7. 08-04-2022, 02:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    continuing from PM, I heard back from AT games, lol, they can't help me/us "right now", so I guess I'm back to looking for an inexpensive flashback off the shelf at a store, to get the darned joysticks.
    Accepted!!!
    on that note, please shoot me their email address when you get a chance. :)
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
Join us