Arcade - Shock Troopers - [Points[Single Player Only]] - 3,816,000

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. 08-14-2022, 05:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Muerto View Post
    1st of, absolutely great gameplay!

Though, for me, it's a very easy answer: This submission is not played on a genuine Neo Geo cartridge.
    Therefore this score has no place in the Arcade Track for this game.

Sorry, but for me it's a reject

(Multi cards has no place in this category)
    I agree with this. I also own a single board Neo Geo arcade board. I do not own a multi-cart. All my games are the actual arcade cartridges that are needed to play as well. The gameplay should come from all the original hardware (including cartridges or tapes).
    Likes Fly liked this post
  2. 08-14-2022, 08:07 AM
    1st of, absolutely great gameplay!

Though, for me, it's a very easy answer: This submission is not played on a genuine Neo Geo cartridge.
    Therefore this score has no place in the Arcade Track for this game.

Sorry, but for me it's a reject

(Multi cards has no place in this category)
    Neither was original 1st place on this category. He used a NeoSD to run the game on a mvs cab.
    To reject it on that whiile his got approved is suspicious.

The darksoft mullti-mvs is a flash cart not one of those 161 in 1 carts.
  3. 08-14-2022, 08:47 AM
    Dunno about the system-I do think NEO Geo is a bit of an anomaly, and I'm actually inclined to think the system is as valid for arcade scores as anything would be, but I do admit to not knowing enough about it to be firm in my opinion.

The cart itself tho, is almost surely fine, as it was a cart-based arcade system in the first place-the flashcart is no different than what we are allowed to use on consoles-I DO understand where owners of the arcade cabs could hope for exclusivity, but technology is technology, things are just more accessible than they used to be.
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
    Thanks NeoMage thanked this post
  4. 08-14-2022, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    Dunno about the system-I do think NEO Geo is a bit of an anomaly, and I'm actually inclined to think the system is as valid for arcade scores as anything would be, but I do admit to not knowing enough about it to be firm in my opinion.

The cart itself tho, is almost surely fine, as it was a cart-based arcade system in the first place-the flashcart is no different than what we are allowed to use on consoles-I DO understand where owners of the arcade cabs could hope for exclusivity, but technology is technology, things are just more accessible than they used to be.
    The system is a mv1c that's been consolized. It's basically using the jamma edge connection for controls,a/v,and power. If it'll satisfy the curiousity i'll post a photo of the inside of the Omega
  5. 08-14-2022, 09:13 AM
    i dont know if the particular cart is an issue, but its surely not an auto reject as flash carts are typically allowed here unless theres a reason not to. Also this is pretty much like a super gun which has been used before. Originally arcade was expersnive and home version cheap, but now arcade is cheap and home expensive. So theres plenty interest in consolizing the arcade board and buying the cheaper arcade carts. i mean with neo geo nothing is common so rare as this is, its common within the realm of neo geo. its also worth noting neo geo boards are in case anyway, so even for an arcade you're not gonna see the board, you're just gonna see something that looks like a weird toaster

Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  6. 08-14-2022, 09:18 AM
    In my opinion the only score besides yours should also be disqualified too, as it's not done on original hardware.
    So, that was a huge mistake it got approved...

One can own this game on cartridge, and it should have been done on such original cartridge/hardware.

In order to dispute a game, one should have at least 4.000 credits, and that I don't have yet..
  7. 08-14-2022, 09:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    i dont know if the particular cart is an issue, but its surely not an auto reject as flash carts are typically allowed here unless theres a reason not to. Also this is pretty much like a super gun which has been used before. Originally arcade was expersnive and home version cheap, but now arcade is cheap and home expensive. So theres plenty interest in consolizing the arcade board and buying the cheaper arcade carts. i mean with neo geo nothing is common so rare as this is, its common within the realm of neo geo. its also worth noting neo geo boards are in case anyway, so even for an arcade you're not gonna see the board, you're just gonna see something that looks like a weird toaster

And the winner gets a prize. Sorry couldn't help myself but that's all the omega is.
    Name:  20220814_120644.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  718.8 KB
  8. 08-14-2022, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    If the original hardware isen't used in Arcade tracks - what's the point having an arcade track?
  9. 08-14-2022, 09:22 AM
    In my opinion the only score besides yours should also be disqualified too, as it's not done on original hardware.
    So, that was a huge mistake it got approved...

One can own this game on cartridge, and it should have been done on such original cartridge/hardware.

In order to dispute a game, one should have at least 4.000 credits, and that I don't have yet..
    all a flash cart is just another piece of software. Sorry it's not "Pure ORIGINAL" but as someone on a fixed budget i can't go hunting down original carts. The main thing is that was this gameplay on original hardware i.e A MVS Board. Yes..was the original score on a MVS Board. Yes.

Sorry that technology advanced to the point where 1 person can put a game on a sd card and save space instead of having hundred of cartridges that take up space.

I've proven the game was played on authentic arcade hardware...Vote no or whatever cause i'm honestly done explaining this to someone who want's to come off as a know-it-all gatekeeper
  10. 08-14-2022, 09:23 AM

That should be the cartridge used in this category. (or the Japanese one)
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Join us