Arcade - Shock Troopers - [Points[Single Player Only]] - 3,816,000

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. 08-17-2022, 07:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Excelliron View Post
    What arcade machines take carts besides NeoGeo?
    Sega's ST-V based systems:
    Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  230.1 KB
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Barthax, Rogerpoco, JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 08-17-2022, 07:52 AM
    The DECO cabs ran cassette tapes, like you mentioned, and I do think it was as simple as swapping out the cassette, tho I could certainly be wrong.
    Obviously, marquees and stuff, but those wouldn't affect playability.
    Is a system I'd actually like to know more about-due to the nature of the controls on different games, I'd assume there were different control panel configurations/types available, but again, I really don't know.

Right as I got into this whole mess, I saw a DECO cab for sale somewhere on the net, talked with the guy, had a multicassette system of some kind, I think he wanted less than a grand for it, but it was a good distance from me.
    Have looked relatively recently, but couldn't find the old ad anywhere.
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
  3. 08-17-2022, 07:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Excelliron View Post
    What arcade machines take carts besides NeoGeo?
    I know of arcades that take Cd's and cassettes but none where you can simply put the CD/cassette in a different game and it works.
    Taito F3
    IGS PGM
    IGS PGM 2
    Sega Mega-Tech, Sega Mega-Play and a bunch of other home consoles-made-into-an-arcade-cab
    ... and a bunch of others including the ST-V as above.

... but my point is if using a pirate methodology to play a game is good for one arcade system, it should be good for any (just like it is generally accepted for computers & consoles).
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, YesAffinity liked this post
  4. 08-17-2022, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    ... but my point is if using a pirate methodology to play a game is good for one arcade system, it should be good for any (just like it is generally accepted for computers & consoles).
    You verbalized this much more effectively than I did, again me professing relative ignorance, that is almost certainly where my opinion was borne.
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
    Thanks Barthax thanked this post
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  5. 08-17-2022, 08:53 AM
    I hope the point is flash should be allowed for these other systems and not that their existence means flash can’t be allowed for neo geo

also do these others even heve a big enough Market that flash cards even exist for them ?

cause as much as I love every relevant detail no matter how small I’m not sure if this helps figure out the right decision or if it’s a tangent
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  6. 08-17-2022, 08:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    cause as much as I love every relevant detail no matter how small I’m not sure if this helps figure out the right decision or if it’s a tangent
    I just want to make sure that any progress forward is not artificially hampered (looking for ways to avoid repeating this circumstance).
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Thanks Snowflake thanked this post
  7. 08-17-2022, 08:58 AM
    I just want to make sure that any progress forward is not artificially hampered (looking for ways to avoid repeating this circumstance).
    Personally, I don't see this circumstance as any different from an EEPROM replacement of a faulty chip on a main board... but people are fickle. ;)
  8. 08-17-2022, 09:23 AM
    And I'll say, my seemingly definitive response about the validity of the cart might have been overstated-I tend to see things in black and white, knowing that's not always the case, and tho I do stand by my opinion, I'm not anyone's authority, and apologize for coming off that way...
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
  9. 08-17-2022, 09:31 AM
    Personally, I don't see this circumstance as any different from an EEPROM replacement of a faulty chip on a main board... but people are fickle. ;)
    I think if people knew how often EPROMs were replaced or rewritten with the particular versions peiple swap between there’d be a lot more arguments
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  10. 08-26-2022, 07:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    I think if people knew how often EPROMs were replaced or rewritten with the particular versions peiple swap between there’d be a lot more arguments
    Don't know about this one, old EPROM's and other chips fail all the time, but for now you can find replacement chips.

Burning a new chip with the same code as the old faulty one, is a different story (in my opinion) and dosen't affect the program running on the original hardware.

But this is an Arcade track, where a NEO GEO - MULTI MVS was used, which is considered bootleg (as it's not the real Shocktroopers MVS cartridge) that's why I think it's not a valid Arcade performance.

It's a little hard to explain, as English is not my first language.
    Thanks Barthax thanked this post
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Join us