Arcade - Shock Troopers - [Points[Single Player Only]] - 3,816,000

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. 08-14-2022, 09:57 AM
    The answer would be to Create another PLATFORM for Omaga Entertainment Machine Neo- Geo multi MVS I JJT would gladly help create with same rules and whatever that is agreed upon to create this new track.

You would still have a Twin Galaxies world record and set more NEO GEO game records.

Name:  image.png
Views: 82
Size:  326.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMage View Post
    vzaar-player

[Points[Single Player Only]]
    Score Trackhttps://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=200611
    RulesDifficulty: LEVEL 4Credit: ONLevel: ONViolence: ON or OFFSpecial Rules: This is a Single Player ONLY Variation! You may freely select any available character and path after Mission 1. Continues are NOT allowed!
    Submission MessageCaptured via a Happauge HD PVR Rocket
    Hardware used: Omega CMVS,OSSC

The Unibios cheat database was only shown to show examples of the database and the icon for the cheat enabled and disabled.

Softdip settings: Continue is set off, Violence is on, everything else is in accordance to the rules
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  2. 08-14-2022, 10:09 AM
    only admin can create new platforms and i'm not sure we should skip to that unless this gets rejected
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  3. 08-14-2022, 10:41 AM
    The Omega system itself doesn't need its own platform. It's just a NEO GEO MVS board in a mod case. The question should be to make a platform for the multi-cart games. Since the multi-cart is technically an emulated hardware piece for the software, it should fall under emulation. But that would mean to make a separate platform for all the title for it as well.
    Thanks JJT_Defender, NeoMage thanked this post
  4. 08-14-2022, 11:30 AM
    Its been said this console uses the actual arcade hardware. My question is, where did this hardware come from? Did they break down a bunch of NeoGeo cabs to make these consoles? or did they make some kind of proprietary board thats supposed to act in the same way as the NeoGeo arcade harware?
    Rampage Arcade World Champion
    ...............Roy was Right..................
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
  5. 08-14-2022, 11:40 AM
    Would REALLY hate for some of the opinions on this thread to be taken as facts-
    Again, the cart is fine, same/same as putting the actual cart into your actual machine, I am not sure how that can be misunderstood?

1)Flash devices are allowed here-that's a fact.
    2)Some people don't like them-that's also a fact.
    But that still brings us back around to point number one.

This is a dead horse argument, at least the part about the cart.
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
    Thanks NeoMage thanked this post
    Likes Blackflag82, EVN liked this post
  6. 08-14-2022, 12:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Excelliron View Post
    Its been said this console uses the actual arcade hardware. My question is, where did this hardware come from? Did they break down a bunch of NeoGeo cabs to make these consoles? or did they make some kind of proprietary board thats supposed to act in the same way as the NeoGeo arcade harware?

nope. My guess is they probably bought the board. Honestly mv1c boards are cheap.
  7. 08-14-2022, 03:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoMage View Post
    nope. My guess is they probably bought the board. Honestly mv1c boards are cheap.
    Well obviously they bought the boards, but where can one buy hundreds of NeoGeo boards? If all the boards have come from NeoGeo machines then I'd imagine you'd have to buy them one or 2 at a time from private sellers for the most part. Maybe get lucky occasionally and find a seller with a handful of them but...
    This company has presumably made hundreds, maybe thousands of these Omega consoles.
    And theyre not the only ones making consoles out of the NeoGeo boards, looks like there lots of consolized MVS systems out there. Just seems kind of weird if they weren't not being newly made at some point.
    None of this really has much to do with the validity of your submission, if at all. I was just wondering.
    Something else I was curious about, what type of controller did you use? Joystick?

For the record I see no issue with the game cart as long as it acts in the same way other ROM storage/loading devices like flash carts and optical drive emulators do, ie using legit ROM's stored on an sd card or similar storage device.

This is an awesome console. If/when this goes through you should submit for some of the other NeoGeo games too.
    Rampage Arcade World Champion
    ...............Roy was Right..................
  8. 08-14-2022, 03:55 PM
    Well obviously they bought the boards, but where can one buy hundreds of NeoGeo boards? If all the boards have come from NeoGeo machines then I'd imagine you'd have to buy them one or 2 at a time from private sellers for the most part. Maybe get lucky occasionally and find a seller with a handful of them but...
    This company has presumably made hundreds, maybe thousands of these Omega consoles.
    And theyre not the only ones making consoles out of the NeoGeo boards, looks like there lots of consolized MVS systems out there. Just seems kind of weird if they weren't not being newly made at some point.
    None of this really has much to do with the validity of your submission, if at all. I was just wondering.
    Something else I was curious about, what type of controller did you use? Joystick?

For the record I see no issue with the game cart as long as it acts in the same way other ROM storage/loading devices like flash carts and optical drive emulators do, ie using legit ROM's stored on an sd card or similar storage device.

This is an awesome console. If/when this goes through you should submit for some of the other NeoGeo games too.
    Thanks. I'll see about it. I'm gonna take some time to practice some of the games.
  9. 08-14-2022, 04:00 PM

I used the brook ps3/ps4 to neo geo super converter. Let's me use my dual shock 4 for the omega.
    https://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/95441291/ <---- brook's page for this converter
    Likes comboace liked this post
  10. 08-14-2022, 04:26 PM
    I use the exact same convertor for my games as well since my Supergun uses that connection. I also bought a NEO GEO style controller that also has the DB15 connection type. I just finished upgrading the stick and buttons.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes NeoMage, Excelliron, YesAffinity liked this post
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Join us