Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive - Tetris - NTSC - Normal Game - Points - 32,574

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive - Tetris - NTSC - Normal Game - Points - 32,574

04-08-2022, 07:53 AM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Normal Game - Points
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=210657
    Rank
    Rules
    1 Player. Normal Game. Default settings: Level = 0, Height = 0, Next Block = Yes, Item Blocks = No.
    Submission Message
    Game start: 0:09
    10k points: 6:30
    20k points: 10:43
    30k points: 14:48
    Game over: 15:37

Played with an arcade stick, but I think I'd prefer a controller for this one.

Thanks JJT_Defender, Almighty Dreadlock thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, Barthax liked this post
  2. 04-08-2022, 11:40 AM
    Voting yes
    It is a good practice to show the game console system, not required.

Start
    Final
    Game start: 0:09
    10k points: 6:30
    20k points: 10:43
    30k points: 14:48
    Game over: 15:37
    Name:  image.png
Views: 284
Size:  913.6 KBName:  image.png
Views: 287
Size:  707.2 KBName:  image.png
Views: 285
Size:  687.4 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  3. 04-08-2022, 12:37 PM
    Hi Simon. Im afraid the video cannot start with the game already playing, you must show boot up/reset of the game.
    It's also important to show the console on cart based systems because nowadays there are things like Retron's which allows one to play these games but are not allowed at TG. Was this played on an actual Sega Genesis?
    Rampage Arcade World Champion
    ...............Roy was Right..................
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
  4. 04-08-2022, 06:36 PM
    No Boot up, No console verification...

Voting NO

This is a great score Simon. Tetris on the Genesis is tough. I really hope you resubmit with boot up and preferably with footage of the console, cart and controller.
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  5. 04-15-2022, 12:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Excelliron View Post
    No Boot up, No console verification...

Voting NO

This is a great score Simon. Tetris on the Genesis is tough. I really hope you resubmit with boot up and preferably with footage of the console, cart and controller.
    Boot ups are not required, only recommended. Pictures after the fact have also been allowed. I believe you started a thread asking about the boot up rules, I'm only making this post just in case others see it as well.
    Likes JJT_Defender, Barthax liked this post
  6. 04-15-2022, 12:55 AM
    Im pretty sure Ive seen a number submissions rejected when they didnt show bootup of the game AND their video lacked evidence of hardware. I know the hardware bit isnt a rule, but I feel like the boot up thing is. If its not explicitly written somewhere by TG then its one the community seems to abide by anyway, from my perception at least. I could be wrong. Can you provide any submissions which have been accepted where the video starts with the game already loaded and also didnt provide any other evidence? That would seem weird to me.

I dont believe I've made any posts about boot up rules, have I? I had that one asking about 3rd party controllers and direct capture. I guess the direct capture is maybe what you're thinking of but in those cases they dont start the video with the game already loaded.
    The thing is without evidence of one of the two (boot up or hardware) we really have no idea what this was played on.
    For all we know this was played on a retron3 using a game genie and a bunch of game genie codes, or a PC displayed on a TV, or a tape recording, etc (no offense Simon, im not saying you actually did any of that, just reasoning why these rules are required)

I would prefer a resubmission with the proper evidence package though I might be willing to change my mind if more evidence was brought forth, but so far there has been nothing.
    Was this played on an actual Sega Genesis Simon? Can you get a score this high easily enough and resubmit another performance, this time with a proper evidence package? If you are capable of doing that you wouldnt have to wait for this one to be finished, you could do that at any time.
  7. 04-15-2022, 09:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Excelliron View Post
    Im pretty sure Ive seen a number submissions rejected when they didnt show bootup of the game AND their video lacked evidence of hardware. I know the hardware bit isnt a rule, but I feel like the boot up thing is. If its not explicitly written somewhere by TG then its one the community seems to abide by anyway, from my perception at least. I could be wrong. Can you provide any submissions which have been accepted where the video starts with the game already loaded and also didnt provide any other evidence? That would seem weird to me.

I dont believe I've made any posts about boot up rules, have I? I had that one asking about 3rd party controllers and direct capture. I guess the direct capture is maybe what you're thinking of but in those cases they dont start the video with the game already loaded.
    The thing is without evidence of one of the two (boot up or hardware) we really have no idea what this was played on.
    For all we know this was played on a retron3 using a game genie and a bunch of game genie codes, or a PC displayed on a TV, or a tape recording, etc (no offense Simon, im not saying you actually did any of that, just reasoning why these rules are required)

I would prefer a resubmission with the proper evidence package though I might be willing to change my mind if more evidence was brought forth, but so far there has been nothing.
    Was this played on an actual Sega Genesis Simon? Can you get a score this high easily enough and resubmit another performance, this time with a proper evidence package? If you are capable of doing that you wouldnt have to wait for this one to be finished, you could do that at any time.
    My bad, could have been someone else asking about the boot up thing. It was just posted yesterday or the day before I believe. At any rate, here is the rule regarding boot ups. Yes, I agree people have been rejecting submissions for quite sometime if no boot up was shown, and I think TG should make the rule that way, but it's not how the rule is written. So rejecting based on no boot up shouldn't be the only factor in a rejection IMO. You are right, and I used to reject submissions based on no boot up as well because I also thought it was rule, but it's not...just another one of those things at TG I guess.

Twin Galaxies recommends that you record your platform being plugged in, turned on from a cold start, the game being inserted/loaded, demonstrating that all game settings are set according to the stated rules, and starting the game without any break/edit in the entire recorded sequence as described above. However, Twin Galaxies recognizes that it is not always possible or convenient to follow this recommendation, therefore it is NOT A REQUIREMENT to show system boot up and game application launch/startup.
    Likes Excelliron, Barthax liked this post
  8. 04-20-2022, 06:34 AM
    Hehe, once upon a time (pre-TGSAP) submissions were rejected because there was not 5-10 seconds of dead ait before the system was even turned on (let alone a missing boot up). This era TG is moving away from those stringent legacy requirements. As @thegamer1185 quotes, however, there's no definitive requirement anymore. However, if there's good reason that a game needs to show boot up (like to be certain codes were not used or cheats enabled) then rejections can still happen because of missing evidence.

Personally, I don't know the game so will abstain. Great gameplay & enjoyable to watch, none-the-less. :D
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Likes MyOwnWorstEnemy liked this post
  9. 04-20-2022, 06:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    dead ait
    * dead air = noise output on a CRT or in a VHS recording, for example.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  10. 05-26-2022, 04:14 AM
    OK, im unvoting and abstaining then.
    Seems weird but alright. I wonder if any games ruleset lists that boot up is required, or if any games rules descriptions were changed to say that after the Global Rules wording was changed.
    Likes MyOwnWorstEnemy liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us