Rules
    ROMSet: ProGear
    Internal Defaults
    -----------------
    Difficulty: 2
    Extend: 1st 3000000, Next 4000000 Every
    Ship Stock: 3
    Rapid Fire: Off [Used Shot 3]
    Special Rules: The above are the default internal settings for this title and need not be changed. This is a Single Player ONLY variation! You may freely choose any available Pilot and Gunner. Continues are NOT allowed!
    Submission Message
    Hi, first submission to this site! This run was played on a Taito Type X4 running Windows 10, using an Ultimarc I-PAC 2 and cheapo Pandora Box buttons & stick for controls. I've mapped to the test switch for easy menu access, but no other macros are used. Thanks!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, Luigi Ruffolo, Evan04 liked this post
  2. 10-04-2022, 07:16 PM
    I'm a bit surprised both at the lack of an actual arcade hardware leaderboard for this game, as well as the apparent disinterest in adjudicating score runs for new users. I've since surpassed this score by far on both MAME and real hardware, but it seems like Twin Galaxies isn't interested.
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  3. 10-05-2022, 06:37 AM
    Shmupworth, thanks for your submission! Unfortunately, some submissions take longer for community review, it's likely that this one slipped between the cracks. From time to time, members will sometimes have to "bump" their submissions for more votes. Sometimes a submission can get pushed down the page quickly if there's a bunch of other gamers submitting but yes, let's bump this for further review.

Great news that you already surpassed your score here! I hope you'll consider submitting here as well. If you choose to submit a higher score while this one is pending in the adjudication queue, that's not an issue at all - both will be reviewed and if both are approved, the higher score will register on the TG leaderboard.

I also noticed in an earlier Wall Post that you requested a user name change - are you still interested in that? If so, I would reply to your wall post by pinging @admin
  4. 10-05-2022, 06:39 AM
    It might actually be @admin staff
  5. 10-09-2022, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmupworth View Post
    I've since surpassed this score by far on both MAME and real hardware, but it seems like Twin Galaxies isn't interested.

What "real hardware" are you playing this game on? There aren't many Blue Progear boards in existence and all the competitive gameplay you'll see is done on the Japanese version of the game. I have a 1CC on the Japanese version done on a Darksoft CPS2. Could make a track if there's any interest.
  6. 10-09-2022, 07:11 PM
    You should also look at enabling button C in the service menu, it will greatly improve how enjoyable this game is for your hands!
  7. 10-09-2022, 07:15 PM
    Nevermind, I see why - the track rules specify that button 3 must be disabled.

This track has garbage rules, this game was 100% meant to be played with button C just like every other Cave game.
    Likes Shmupworth, Fly, JJT_Defender liked this post
  8. 10-13-2022, 05:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by EVN View Post
    What "real hardware" are you playing this game on? There aren't many Blue Progear boards in existence and all the competitive gameplay you'll see is done on the Japanese version of the game. I have a 1CC on the Japanese version done on a Darksoft CPS2. Could make a track if there's any interest.
    I play on a big blue cabinet with phoenixed roms in original CPS2 hardware. It would be trivial to convert to non-phoenixed roms if required. I'd love to see your 1cc run; I started playing the USA version because that's what I have; I think the only difference between it and JP is the default difficulty.

In general -- I don't have the points to create them, but I'd love to see more cps2 arcade hardware tracks. Certainly it's worth having them for any cps2 game that has a MAME score on this site.
    Likes EVN liked this post
  9. 10-13-2022, 05:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post
    Great news that you already surpassed your score here! I hope you'll consider submitting here as well. If you choose to submit a higher score while this one is pending in the adjudication queue, that's not an issue at all - both will be reviewed and if both are approved, the higher score will register on the TG leaderboard.
    Thanks for the reply. Submitting runs on this site isn't a very fun experience, so I'm going to wait and see if this run gets approved before I burn any more time uploading a new one.
    Likes EVN liked this post
  10. 10-13-2022, 06:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmupworth View Post
    I play on a big blue cabinet with phoenixed roms in original CPS2 hardware. It would be trivial to convert to non-phoenixed roms if required. I'd love to see your 1cc run; I started playing the USA version because that's what I have; I think the only difference between it and JP is the default difficulty.

In general -- I don't have the points to create them, but I'd love to see more cps2 arcade hardware tracks. Certainly it's worth having them for any cps2 game that has a MAME score on this site.

I'd probably get an infinikey and run original code on a blue Progear these days.

This will get more votes when the .inp analysis gets posted, you just have to be patient with that as it's done by community members and takes time.

Here's my scrubby 1ALL, down to my last life and bomb: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA32t8HDAJg
    Likes Shmupworth liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Join us