M.A.M.E. - Progear [US 010117] - Points [Single Player Only] - 2,327,660

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 11-28-2022, 08:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jace Hall View Post
    Can you please provide further detail regarding what you mean when you say ".inp is broken" ? - Broken in what way? Do you mean, that it just doesnt work for some reason? What percent of the time does this happen?
    In regard to your other question, if one assumes that the intention of the submitter is to provide a legitimate performance, then the video playback of the boot up / performance / etc is a straightforward way to visually verify compliance with the track rules in regards to settings and actual gameplay.
    I'm oversimplifying here but my impression is that ultimately INP analysis is looking to find potentially improper things that can not be easily seen or verified in the video performance. That's good and important of course, but having the video creates the potential option for the analysis to come later if necessary for some reason.
    Again, it's really up to the community and how it wants to approach the matter.
    In the context of this thread I think that the guys doing the analysis want a zipped .inp file.

In the context of what I said, I just mean that if for any reason the .inp reveals a reason why the score should be rejected. That can happen for lot of reasons.

End of the day we should be adjudicating based on the evidence provided, part of that traditionally has been to have the .inp analysis done before committing to a vote. If you are advocating that folks should vote without waiting for the .inp to be validated then there shouldn't be a penalty for getting it wrong based on there being a problem with the .inp. Otherwise it's going to be business as usual - no vote before .inp validation.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 11-28-2022, 09:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmupworth View Post
    I guess I won't be bothering to submit any more high scores to Twin Galaxies. Great system you folks have here 🙄
    Not really sure if this is the attitude to take here.

Game itself looks pretty cool though. People have requested a zipped inp file from you. Providing this certainly will speed things up I'm sure.
  3. 11-28-2022, 09:34 PM
    The guy is new. Why does the site accept anything other than a .zip file if a zipped .inp file is the requirement?
  4. 11-29-2022, 12:02 AM
    As the guy the instigated the public INP analysis in the TGSAP era I'll reiterate what I've been saying for years.

The automated INP analysis doesn't analyse jack. A human was generating the relevant information which, from around 0.128 onwards (possibly a little later, long time ago) didn't need knowledge of hexadecimal interrogation of the file. Now it's just a simply use of WolfMAME which has been covered time and again. (bensweeneyonbass' wall post on TG springs to mind as a step-by-step and resources at MARP).

Adjudication is the process whereby someone checks that the submitted evidence meets their own understanding of the rules and should not be blindly following other people's decisions.

Why TF is any holding someone to ransom over not zipping up an inp? Download the inp and zip it yourself if you're so concerned. What difference does it make that it's uploaded raw! You're only going to extract it and then use it! Tell me you're a lazy swine without telling me you're a lazy swine?!
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Evan04, Fly, JJT_Defender liked this post
  5. 11-29-2022, 12:07 AM
    I will say that the main thing the "MAME guys" around here help with is understanding when a new version of MAME has shifted the ROM set names around. I've made an wiki article on figuring this out (I know I'm not the most fluid of written explainations but the info is there). There's also a second article which gives an example of figuring things out.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Likes Germano D'Alessandro liked this post
  6. 12-11-2022, 09:00 AM
    Needing MAME INP and votes from Twin Galaxies members
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  7. 12-11-2022, 02:36 PM
    Bumping for more votes
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  8. 12-14-2022, 11:59 AM
    INP version 3.5
    Created Wed Sep 21 02:11:29 2022

Recorded using 0.247W (wolf247)
    Total playback frames: 32765
    Average recorded speed: 99%

Name:  0002.png
Views: 24
Size:  28.7 KBName:  0000.png
Views: 24
Size:  2.8 KB

I'm baffled why this couldn't have been accepted from the video file. The INP was provided as per MAME rules & could have been confirmed to playback by anyone familiar with MAME. The video evidence has more evidence than the INP does. :P
    Likes Evan04 liked this post
  9. 01-03-2023, 04:49 PM
    N Let's get this out of the Que
    Awaiting a Twin Galaxies member to do a MAME INP analyst before voting yes
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Join us