Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive - Mario Andretti Racing - NTSC - Stock Car - Silver Springs - 6 Laps - Fastest Race - 05:36.49

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive - Mario Andretti Racing - NTSC - Stock Car - Silver Springs - 6 Laps - Fastest Race - 05:36.49

09-21-2022, 06:30 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Stock Car - Silver Springs - 6 Laps - Fastest Race
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=129945
    Rank

Rules
    Single Player Only, Single Race, Stock Model, Any Transmission
    Special Rules: You MUST complete the race and let your final time display for a few seconds or your record/attempt will be disqualified. Time is regardless of Position/Rank achieved.
    Submission Message
    Console and controller shown in the beginning of the video with boot up and lack of cheats. Run starts at roughly 20:30
    Rage, you know, in this back and forth we've improved the top score by like 27 seconds. If this were a more popular platform this back and forth would be news. I fully expect I'm gonna have to try to retake this one too...
    But for those following all of this... admit it, anyone thought I was coming back on this with below 5:39?
    I'm not a racing games guy, I usually don't do well at them and often don't find them fun. I'm loving this one. Shoot me some cred on stepping up, haha.

Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, RaGeNyC, wwdkong, Theradiocal liked this post
  2. 09-21-2022, 09:33 PM
    Yep, this is what I was going for this afternoon (I knew you'd beat my score, so I wasn't waiting around this time lol). I knew if I could break through the pack early, it should bring around 5:35. I had a 5:34 lined up, and a damn lapped car spun me out on the last lap. It also happened a few other times where I was on target for 5:36-ish...but that 5:34 miss killed me. The better you do, the more in-the-way the other cars are on the last lap. We weren't dealing with that when we were going slower. On oval tracks, I keep an eye on the race map to see when I'm approaching a potential jerkoff car LOL.....Taking your eyes off the road here is a little risky though. All the intense racing and fighting off other cars, just to have some d-bag spin me out with less than half a lap to go--Kinda took the wind out of my sails, but I'll be back at it soon.

Awesome race, mannnn.........Accepted!!
    Thanks Cxm thanked this post
    Likes Cxm liked this post
Join us