PC - Driver - Driving Games - Survival - Fastest Perpetual Stalemate - 01:37.0

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. PC - Driver - Driving Games - Survival - Fastest Perpetual Stalemate - 01:37.0

09-22-2022, 04:50 AM
    vzaar-player

Driving Games - Survival - Fastest Perpetual Stalemate
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=249955
    Rank
    Rules
    Any Survival course permitted to be used. Time taken when car comes to a stand still and police are no longer actively chasing. Time taken in whole seconds. Special Rules : Player must leave the game running with the car standing still for at least five minutes to proove the AI is incapable of chase. May be achieved by positioning in location impervious to capture, the disabling of chasing police cars or a combination of both. Use of glitches in the game where the player's gets positioned outside of the area of normal game play and therefore impossible to be reached by the chasing police cars is not allowed.A
    Submission Message
    Achieved sometime in 2004. Chosen around 46 seconds in. Attempt begins around 22:15. I finally sit still at 1:37 into the attempt (probably could have bumped into one of the poles earlier but that's only occuring to me 18 years later!).

Big thanks to @crazymoose3k and to @RaGeNyC for the track sponsorship. :D

Thanks crazymoose3k thanked this post
    Likes crazymoose3k, RaGeNyC liked this post
  2. 09-22-2022, 05:01 AM
    In case it isn't obvious: this was originally recorded to VHS and only digitally captured years after when the tape was decaying.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  3. 09-22-2022, 05:34 AM
    How many of these records you have?

I'm going to abstain because I am not sure when and where the timer is supposed to stop. I looked at the 22:15 mark on but I don't see anything at 1:37.0. I'm just confused here.
  4. 09-22-2022, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Salim Farhat View Post
    How many of these records you have?

I'm going to abstain because I am not sure when and where the timer is supposed to stop. I looked at the 22:15 mark on but I don't see anything at 1:37.0. I'm just confused here.
    This is the last of the set for the PC version of Driver (all of it was from 2004). :) I still have some 2003 emulated recordings to check if they're applicable under TGSAP but, when checking through my archives (2700+ data DVDs), I noticed I'd missed a bunch from the first 100 or so DVDs. So I'm going back over that content.

OK, for this track the idea is to find somewhere to sit so that there's no interaction from the cop cars anymore. The timing occurs when you stop moving but there's the five minute cooldown to be certain that the AI has failed to find you.

One tactic is to sit inside a building (which has doors, so not a glitch) and the AI is too stupid to go through the doors so keeps respawning and crashing into the building. Another tactic is the one I used: the pavement is "off limits" to the cops: unless you drive passed a cop that happens to be on the road then the AI doesn't send any cops your way. The other tactic that I'm aware of is to get all the cops too damaged and next to you: a cop car that you can see will not respawn.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
Join us