PlayStation - Hydro Thunder - NTSC - Castle von Dandy [Fastest Race] - 01:46.55

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. PlayStation - Hydro Thunder - NTSC - Castle von Dandy [Fastest Race] - 01:46.55

09-23-2022, 07:42 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Castle von Dandy [Fastest Race]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=27787
    Rank
    Rules
    This is a 1 Player Variation ONLY! Although you don't need to be in First place, you MUST complete the race for your time to count.
    Any vehicle may be used.
    Submission Message
    Attempt @ 8:35 - 10:30

Likes fredb999, RaGeNyC liked this post
  2. 09-24-2022, 05:28 PM
    Any input on this one @Barthax ? At first I kinda struggled with the optimal path, not sure if I should jump through the windows on 1, 2 or all 3 laps. In the end I just ended up going with whatever "felt" would be fastest once I actually got to that point.

My only real strategy here was, I would only jump through the bell hole on either the 2nd or 3rd lap, whenever I had the best shot at it. I wouldnt do it on the first lap because its kinda close to the starting line and there's always a bunch of other boats around then which tend to throw you off course.
    As far as the set of church windows or stained glass windows or whatever you wanna call them, I just decided that I would NOT go through them all 3 laps, at least one lap I'd go through the normal way. Other than that it was just what felt best at the time.
    Rampage Arcade World Champion
    ...............Roy was Right..................
    Thanks Barthax thanked this post
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  3. 09-25-2022, 01:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Excelliron View Post
    Any input on this one @Barthax ? At first I kinda struggled with the optimal path, not sure if I should jump through the windows on 1, 2 or all 3 laps. In the end I just ended up going with whatever "felt" would be fastest once I actually got to that point.

My only real strategy here was, I would only jump through the bell hole on either the 2nd or 3rd lap, whenever I had the best shot at it. I wouldnt do it on the first lap because its kinda close to the starting line and there's always a bunch of other boats around then which tend to throw you off course.
    As far as the set of church windows or stained glass windows or whatever you wanna call them, I just decided that I would NOT go through them all 3 laps, at least one lap I'd go through the normal way. Other than that it was just what felt best at the time.
    I always found jumping through the windows near the end to be frustrating (even for the 4 sec booster in one): hitting the walls and a taking out all the speed or the need for a sudden sharp turn after landing. The other path is just as frustrating with the sharp turn too. I was surprised to see going under the walls was possible and looked unencumbered by both of those. :P

Otherwise, it's getting the feel for when collecting a boost isn't useless 'cause you've got three laps for it. If you don't need the booster to the left of the graveyard then definitely ignore it in favour of a boost over the graveyard.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Likes Excelliron liked this post
Join us