Atari 2600 / VCS - Beamrider - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B (Points) - 33,552

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Beamrider - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B (Points) - 33,552

09-25-2022, 09:51 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B (Points)
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2738
    Rank
    Rules
    One-player game.
    Select level 1 to begin at sector 1.
    Difficulty switch must be set to B position (Basic).

Submission Message
    Atari 2600 Beamrider - Game 1 (Difficulty Levels set to 'B')
    Final Score of 33,552 points
    Game Settings at the 0:25 mark
    Game Action for this submission starts at the 0:28 mark
    Final Score shown on screen at the 15:09 mark
    System boot up at the beginning of the video.
    Atari 2600 System, power on, difficulty levels set to BB, Harmony cartridge and controller all shown after the game was played. System reset and power flicked off at the very end of the video.

Thanks for watching and voting

2. 09-26-2022, 06:15 AM

Hellllllll yea.

lol.
    Likes Rickster8, Rogerpoco, sdwyer138 liked this post
  3. 09-26-2022, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGeNyC View Post

Hellllllll yea.

lol.
    You've got a good Beamrider score on...
    C64? Atari PC?
    Either way, kinda struck me as odd, just doesn't seem like a game you'd commit to.

Dammit, friggin Intellivision people blowing past me on Atari now, it never ends...
    :P

Good Job, Man!
    Accepted!!!

Giggle, fart, burp-this is one you should be glad for that Harmony about. One of the tougher Activision titles to pick up, mebbe even the last one I got to complete my loose collection. Almost sure it was, in fact.
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
    Likes Rickster8, RaGeNyC liked this post
  4. 09-26-2022, 07:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    C64? Atari PC?
    Either way, kinda struck me as odd, just doesn't seem like a game you'd commit to.

Dammit, friggin Intellivision people blowing past me on Atari now, it never ends...
    :P

Good Job, Man!
    Accepted!!!

Giggle, fart, burp-this is one you should be glad for that Harmony about. One of the tougher Activision titles to pick up, mebbe even the last one I got to complete my loose collection. Almost sure it was, in fact.

Lol, I didn't really 'commit' to it. It was being played in the Atari 2600 HSC on AA and lastnight was the end of that contest. Was not thrilled with my 20k score so I gave it another shot. Yup RaGe, I'm 7th. Not 1st or 2nd or 3rd or 4th or 5th or 6th, BUT 7TH!!!! YEEEEEEE HAAAAWWW!!!! And Yes Roger, thanks for the Harmony cart. I'm even adding games to it, unlike my LAME LTO Flash which I cannot add sh*t too.... Yup I'm an Inty guy giving props to Atari.... :P
    ***A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of Chess?***
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes wwdkong, Rogerpoco, RaGeNyC, Barthax liked this post
  5. 09-26-2022, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster8 View Post
    Lol, I didn't really 'commit' to it. It was being played in the Atari 2600 HSC on AA and lastnight was the end of that contest. Was not thrilled with my 20k score so I gave it another shot. Yup RaGe, I'm 7th. Not 1st or 2nd or 3rd or 4th or 5th or 6th, BUT 7TH!!!! YEEEEEEE HAAAAWWW!!!! And Yes Roger, thanks for the Harmony cart. I'm even adding games to it, unlike my LAME LTO Flash which I cannot add sh*t too.... Yup I'm an Inty guy giving props to Atari.... :P
    I was confusing(kinda a thing lately...)
    No, I'd actually say it kinda DOES seem up yur alley, it's Rage that I didn't think would be into this type game.
    Wasn't discounting his ability, on anything, just my own opinion of gauging his interests, haha.
    Welcome, but honest, was really only referring to the fact that a Beamrider cart costs MORE than a friggin Harmony, haha!!!
    Don't even get started on the CIB. Sheesh. "Stole" an unopened copy for Colecovision(This game kinda made the rounds, lol, and STILL, IMO, isn't "loved" enough, I happen to actually like it, tho I suck at it, it usually doesn't work that way. It's a "good game", I can see past the fact that I suck at it.
    7th, lol, sure, but I'm still jealous of your score, is more than a little better than mine, and I **think** I tried...
    :D
    AA HSC is a great place and means to improve skills and explore, is almost invaluable experience.
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
    Likes Rickster8, RaGeNyC liked this post
  6. 09-26-2022, 07:36 AM
    Dang...
    The patch score on this is RIDICULOUS, I guess I hadn't realized I hadn't earned it, any more than you did.
    Crap.
    Well, this picture took a LOT of cooperation and patience, lol, so I'm posting it anyway.
    "Congratulations for...playing the game".
    :)

Name:  Ditzybeam.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  976.5 KB
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
  7. 09-26-2022, 10:50 AM
    Nice score on this tough shooter, voting yes.
    -Ohya, baby! I'm the first ever dude on the planet to get a documented PERFECT score on Bonk's Adventure!
    I also have a high score on Alfred Chicken.... yeah, not as good.
    http://videogames101.com
    or http://www.youtube.com/user/starsoldier1
    Thanks Rickster8 thanked this post
  8. 09-26-2022, 12:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    C64? Atari PC?

Dude, I submitted a score for Toejam & Earl over 4 hours--I'll pretty much commit to any damn thing! LOL. I have scores for C64 NTSC and EMU, and I had scores on Atari PC (zero scores on this game? Tom Duncan's score is gone too) and 2600, but they're gone. When TGSAP came into affect, some people's scores mysteriously disappeared. Something with the transfer, I guess. I lost several :/
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  9. 09-26-2022, 02:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGeNyC View Post
    Dude, I submitted a score for Toejam & Earl over 4 hours--I'll pretty much commit to any damn thing! LOL. I have scores for C64 NTSC and EMU, and I had scores on Atari PC (zero scores on this game? Tom Duncan's score is gone too) and 2600, but they're gone. When TGSAP came into affect, some people's scores mysteriously disappeared. Something with the transfer, I guess. I lost several :/
    Yeah, I used to have some emulated Atari PC stuff too. All gone.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Thanks RaGeNyC thanked this post
Join us