Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive - Super Monaco GP - PAL - Belgium [Fastest Lap] - 44.05

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive - Super Monaco GP - PAL - Belgium [Fastest Lap] - 44.05

09-27-2022, 05:54 AM
    vzaar-player

PAL - Belgium [Fastest Lap]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=127483
    Rank

Rules
    Any Control Type, Normal Difficulty Level, English Language, Free Practice Mode, Any Class
    Special Rules: You MUST complete at least ONE lap and allow the time to be displayed for a few seconds or your record/attempt will be disqualified.
    Submission Message

Hardware/Settings in beginning, lap at 5:50.
    Obviously, there's faster, several spots on this lap were utter garbage, I'm not actually sure how it was so fast.
    Would like to break 44, but I think I'm gonna try that on NTSC and see how it goes.
    Thanks Everyone!!!

Thanks Almighty Dreadlock thanked this post
  2. 09-27-2022, 07:54 AM
    You don't know how you did it so fast?

Well done, then!

Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  3. 09-27-2022, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock View Post
    You don't know how you did it so fast?

Well done, then!
    Actually, popped on to elaborate, so may as well analyze it together!!!
    :D
    I suppose it's bragging, but it's really just super neat to know, to have a game so well understood that I can REALLY explain it.

OK, looks like La Source was pretty near perfect.
    I actually think you can slow down at the start line, and get a better run around it and get up to speed faster, but that's conjecture, and would be really hard to do on purpose.

Eau Rouge was fine, Les Combes and Malmedy fine, Rivage is TOUGH, I think that was about as good as it gets there.

Could have went w/o squeaking tires in the long unnamed lefthander after Rivage, that probably cost me.

Getting thru the ess at Fagnes is where I really messed up-you can keep almost 395 thru there when perfect, I was way lower than that.

But the biggest thing was the bus stop.
    If I hadn't blown the turn coming out, I still could have gotten under 44 seconds, I really think, even with the previous mistakes.

So adding what I DID, and subtracting what I KNOW is possible, there's still meat on this bone.
    :D
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
  4. 09-27-2022, 11:31 AM
    Looks good!

I have my genesis still. Thinking of buying that sdcard cartridge so i can play all games on it. My favorite game on it is Rock n Roll Racing.
  5. 09-27-2022, 11:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBadass View Post
    Looks good!

I have my genesis still. Thinking of buying that sdcard cartridge so i can play all games on it. My favorite game on it is Rock n Roll Racing.
    My only IRL friend here is @Baldzillabill , not terribly active, GREAT pinball player-because he's a born drummer, lol.
    He and I used to play Rock and Roll Racing for hours and hours, I LOVED it!!!
    Not really the best for scoring, I suppose(can't even remember if there's a timer, and points don't really work well on racing games...), but def., a favorite here as well!!!

Keep in mind, if you DO spring for an SD cart for the Genesis-you'll be able to play all the Master System games as well, is a very worth it cart, 2 in 1, there is actual unused SMS hardware inside the Genesis/Megadrive.
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
  6. 09-27-2022, 01:38 PM
    To bad RRR doesnt have a score/time thingy. Speedruns isnt my thing, but i love to watch them break a game. SMS i havent really played that much. I wonder if i can use my genesis controller to my usbjoy adapter... I use that to play emulator with c64 joystick.
Join us