1. Vectrex - Vector Pilot - NTSC/PAL - Points - 134,100

09-29-2022, 10:35 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC/PAL - Points
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=130944
    Rank

Rules
    An ORIGINAL Vectrex controller MUST be used for all submissions.
    Submission Message
    Played Vector Pilot fresh out of the mail from Kristof Tuts, and on my second playthrough got this score. More people should be playing this!

Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  2. 09-30-2022, 05:20 AM
    Sorry to be the bad guy, but you didn't show the controller.. The rules for only allowing an original Vectrex controller are in place (mainly) for this type of game, shooters. There are modern Vectrex controllers that give a higher rate of firing. While the wire looks like an original wire, I've seen some new ones that have that wire now, too.

I know it's most likely an original you're using, but I can't in good faith vote Yes here. If it were a Pac-Man type game, I could look past the controller not being shown--Though when I set up the Vectrex rules, I liked the fact that everyone would be on a level playing field control-wise, that's why I didn't limit the controller being shown to only shooters--But at least that's not as big of an issue as a possible higher firing rate.

Hopefully since this is your first run at it, doing it again won't be a big deal.. You'll most likely score higher!
    Thanks Rogerpoco, Michiel Snoep thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, Michiel Snoep liked this post
  3. 09-30-2022, 06:04 AM
    non adjudication, casual, game fan comment here.

how do you feel about theoverlay? i think it makes the explosion great, but other than that, it looks to me like it would make normal game play worse since the colors really dont match up with the moving background. curious you're opinions on the overlay in particular
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Likes datagod liked this post
  4. 09-30-2022, 06:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    non adjudication, casual, game fan comment here.

how do you feel about theoverlay? i think it makes the explosion great, but other than that, it looks to me like it would make normal game play worse since the colors really dont match up with the moving background. curious you're opinions on the overlay in particular
    There's a calibration mode so you can line up the screen with the overlay. The cart saves your calibration so you don't have to do it again.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes Excelliron liked this post
  5. 09-30-2022, 06:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGeNyC View Post
    There's a calibration mode so you can line up the screen with the overlay. The cart saves your calibration so you don't have to do it again.
    i'm getting at, things like clouds changing color. not sure what there is to line up other than warping in and out scenes, that explosion of time travel woudl need a line up and looks great. its the gameplay that i'm questioning about the overlay's fun
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
  6. 09-30-2022, 05:19 PM
    Your pronouns are how I feel about this website. I wondered why more people don’t submit scores. Here’s why. Thanks for abstaining from voting. I should stop submitting scores here because your ability to trust is absolutely zero.
  7. 09-30-2022, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePulseRifle View Post
    Your pronouns are how I feel about this website. I wondered why more people don’t submit scores. Here’s why. Thanks for abstaining from voting. I should stop submitting scores here because your ability to trust is absolutely zero.
    disclaimer: i'm drunk i do that alot
    second disclaimer: i hate alot of tg people

that said i love tg. part of why we work is the various viewpoints that are allowed to argue and finally figure out the truth.

rage is offensive but hes not corrupt.

vectrex is a system i'm VERY sentimental towards. please keep submitting. rage was a former ref, and considering how many refs were complety corrupt narcissistic jerks, he gets alot of credit for merely being offensive. He has LONG made abig deal about orignal controllers. i dont fully agree, but honestly i could be worng, maby hes right, but pioint is this isnt someting new when he was a ref he made vectrex rules and hes being consistent to the historical rules he made

whoever made this track copied his rules explicity, so they apply

now i'm on th fence on his rules so i have ZERO problem funding a track that allows you to not show controller iif you like. if you start the track i'll finish funding it. i have more sub points than i know what to do with
    Likes datagod, RaGeNyC liked this post
  8. 09-30-2022, 05:28 PM
    Enjoy your piddly score. I’m not interested anymore.
  9. 09-30-2022, 05:30 PM
    At this point, I’d almost rather do a run where I do nothing but complain about it while breaking my previous record just to be an ass.
  10. 09-30-2022, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePulseRifle View Post
    Tons of submissions every day. If TG wasn't so great, why you here?

I like his pronouns. They apply to many whiners such as yourself.

*Thanks for being anti-social*
    Your friend, datagod
    I have an arcade. IN MY HOUSE!
    https://hashnode.com/@datagod/joinme
    Thanks Michiel Snoep thanked this post
    Likes RaGeNyC, Excelliron, Michiel Snoep liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us