Vectrex - Pole Position - NTSC/PAL - Points - 77,650

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

    This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 11-29-2022, 09:43 AM
    So you guys cant see my fat ass in the reflection playing on an original controller?
    Thanks Barthax thanked this post
    Likes Barthax, RaGeNyC liked this post
  2. 11-29-2022, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by YourConscience View Post
    So you guys cant see my fat ass in the reflection playing on an original controller?
    LOL, I wasn't going to be so impolite but to "offer my own in return": my own fat ass can be laughed at jiggling on some Just Dance footage hereabouts. :D

    Give us a time stamp where the controller can be seen & I'm good to accept. ;)
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Likes RaGeNyC liked this post
  3. 11-29-2022, 10:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    Give us a time stamp where the controller can be seen & I'm good to accept. ;)
    I can certainly see a controller at the start but as my submission failures can attest, my eyesight isn't so great to be certain what I'm looking at.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  4. 11-29-2022, 11:09 AM
    I think maybe I should just redo my current high scores and resubmit with everything accurately documented. I have already beat this score and tied the world record. Only so much of this game is skill. The rest is being lucky enough to get a field loaded with cars. I think 77750 may be the tops as I have reached it once and had a second run at 77700, that required me to scratch my nose otherwise I would have hit it twice. I just don't see it going any higher.
  5. 11-29-2022, 11:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by YourConscience View Post
    I think maybe I should just redo my current high scores and resubmit with everything accurately documented. I have already beat this score and tied the world record. Only so much of this game is skill. The rest is being lucky enough to get a field loaded with cars. I think 77750 may be the tops as I have reached it once and had a second run at 77700, that required me to scratch my nose otherwise I would have hit it twice. I just don't see it going any higher.
    It's awesome that you've not been put off & stuck with the conversation to show understanding. Genuine thanks for sticking with it given this is your first sub & hit such an awkward quirk of TG vs. other scoreboards: following rules that may not seem relevant. :D

    So, this is the closest I have figured out with the controller. Hopefully this gives someone more familiar with the controller the confidence to voice support on. :)

    Name:  Screenshot from 2022-11-29 19-24-47.png
Views: 40
Size:  181.9 KB
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  6. 11-29-2022, 12:45 PM
    When I made the rules, it was mostly to stop anyone from using new controllers that had a faster firing rate (The first ones made, were converted Genesis controllers). I didalso like that everyone would be on the same level playing field control-wise..But that can be looked past, really, as well as any game that isn't a shooter.

    I saw the controller in the reflection (and it's not a shooter anyway).

    Accepted!
    Thanks Barthax thanked this post
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  7. 11-29-2022, 01:25 PM
    With all due respect I must disagree. About a month back or so ThePulseRifle submitted a score for Vector Pilot without showing a controller either and had to resubmit. I can see a controller in Your Conscience's video but its shadowy at best. It probably is a Vectrex controller but I can't be positive. He had a great run there and like he said could most likely repeat his score. Rules are rules. You can't say to one person that's no good then to another, well ok good enough. The one thing that I do now is a routine of showing the cartridge, then the controller and powering the game console. When I do eventually submit a Vectrex score you can bet you will see the controller. That's my two cents, happy gaming!
    So many games, so little time!
    Thanks Barthax, RaGeNyC thanked this post
    Likes Barthax, RaGeNyC liked this post
  8. 11-29-2022, 01:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Northcoastgamer View Post
    With all due respect I must disagree. About a month back or so ThePulseRifle submitted a score for Vector Pilot without showing a controller either and had to resubmit. I can see a controller in Your Conscience's video but its shadowy at best. It probably is a Vectrex controller but I can't be positive. He had a great run there and like he said could most likely repeat his score. Rules are rules. You can't say to one person that's no good then to another, well ok good enough. The one thing that I do now is a routine of showing the cartridge, then the controller and powering the game console. When I do eventually submit a Vectrex score you can bet you will see the controller. That's my two cents, happy gaming!
    i think this is more about the different games than it is about treating people different, but regardless that could be the perception and i dont think we want that look so valid point.
    and it is technically the rule.
    i'm abstaining this is a rare case where i just dont see it black and white and so its not worth the fight to me
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Likes Barthax, Northcoastgamer, RaGeNyC liked this post
  9. 11-29-2022, 03:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    i think this is more about the different games than it is about treating people different, but regardless that could be the perception and i dont think we want that look so valid point.
    Exactly. His submission was a shooter (the main reason the rule was added), which could be exploited with the "right" controller. Here, a rapid fire controller would have no effect.

    Since the submitter here isn't making an issue, and even has a higher score recorded, maybe vote NO so it gets out of the queue? I typed that knowing damn well it'll sit here forever LoL...Most won't chance losing cred if there are possible YES votes still floating around. Safest thing is to remove votes and let it sit.
  10. 11-29-2022, 04:54 PM
    Thank you everyone for your insights, Just pulled off another 77,700, so I am very confident I can get to 77,750 again. Maybe Snowflake is right and the game could go higher. I have only been playing hardcore for about two weeks. But going to be a bit before I submit again. I left the vectrex at home so it didn't keep me staying up until 4 a.m. when I have to work at 7 a.m. the next day. Keep an eye out in January for my next runs.
    Likes RaGeNyC, Barthax liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Join us