Vectrex - Pole Position - NTSC/PAL - Points - 77,650

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 11-30-2022, 09:29 AM
    These concerns are stupid. This isn't a game where a controller would matter because there is no rapid fire so the rules are pretty crappy in this situation. I'm starting to question whether folks concerns are legit or if they are even gamers at all.

Totally valid submission and get off your high horses, TG community.
    It doesn't hurt, not if you like it.
  2. 11-30-2022, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Desidious View Post
    These concerns are stupid. This isn't a game where a controller would matter because there is no rapid fire so the rules are pretty crappy in this situation. I'm starting to question whether folks concerns are legit or if they are even gamers at all.

Totally valid submission and get off your high horses, TG community.
    Here's one take:

Adjudication is about applying the rules of the scoreboard+track to the evidence presented and evaluating the claim being made. We've seen plenty of times that rules can be side-stepped by creative interpretations of poorly written rules (Gran Turismo "complete lap" with shortcuts, "must begin with default settings to ensure all players are limited by unlocked goods" and then play so long that all unlocks are done).

This one isn't a creative side-step and also, serendipitously, there is evidence in the footage of a controller (see my snapshot). So, is it a Vectrex controller in compliance with the rules?
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  3. 11-30-2022, 10:59 AM
    it also doesnt say "must show original controller" just that original controller is used. now i know, how can we enforce a rule without seeing the evidence. but i do want to add that the way you convince an adjudicator the controller was used was left open. much like "original board" is a rule but "show it isnt" and for a long time because of that we gave funspot an exception incorrectly belieivng being at funspot was proof it was good. not a perfect example since we were proven wrong, but still, it sort of makes a point in both directions.

if someone can prove the own an original controller, and theres zero motivation to not use it since thrid parties offer zero advantage, that actualy is compelling enough evidence for me.

i know i said i wouldnt really fight this one but just wanted to add this in as well.
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  4. 11-30-2022, 11:50 AM
    Instead of making all those asinine comments causing this valid submission to take longer or stay in limbo, folks could have used a modicum of common sense. Y'all are lucky the one that submitted this VALID submission is okay with all these comments because this has always been an issue with this community and why newcomers don't stay. What, are y'all too worried about that worthless ass credibility rating? Tragic.
    It doesn't hurt, not if you like it.
  5. 12-01-2022, 07:44 AM
    After further review my original ruling has changed. I watched the video a few times. It looks like a Vectrex controller to me. If you look closely you can see the thick spiral cord and the knob. No other controllers resemble the rectangle length of the Vectrex controller. it's also for Rank 2 not the top spot. But I'm sure you will get that too. Nice run! Gratz!
    So many games, so little time!
    Thanks Barthax thanked this post
  6. 12-06-2022, 06:22 PM
    I'm voting yes. I've lost CR on a hell of a lot worse cases.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Join us