Vectrex - Pole Position - NTSC/PAL - Points - 77,650

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

    This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Vectrex - Pole Position - NTSC/PAL - Points - 77,650

    11-25-2022, 01:07 AM
    vzaar-player


    NTSC/PAL - Points
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=3743
    Rank
    2
    Rules
    An ORIGINAL Vectrex controller MUST be used for all submissions.

    Submission Message
    Pole Position Vectrex Original Hardware Original Controller. High Score 77650

    Attached Files Attached Files
  2. 11-25-2022, 05:58 AM
    its not letting me watch so i cant approve it yet but i'm gonna congratulate it regardless
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Thanks YourConscience thanked this post
  3. 11-29-2022, 06:00 AM
    The rules require the original controller. I can see your reflection but couldn't make out a controller at any point. Is there evidence to meet this requirement of this track?
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  4. 11-29-2022, 06:01 AM
    Welcome to Twin Galaxies. :D

    (My two posts are a bit backwards, sorry!)
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  5. 11-29-2022, 06:06 AM
    @RaGeNyC has made the point he requires original controller largely because of rapid fire. this used the analog feature (one of the only 2 original games to do so) that makes it a little harder to knock off, but it also would have zero benefit from autofire. only way a controller could help cheat here is if it had built into a gigantic macro that coded how to play the whole game and sent the inputs accordingly which seems very unlikely.

    non rapid fire games i've seen get a verbal warning of "dont do it again" but still accepted.
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  6. 11-29-2022, 06:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    @RaGeNyC has made the point he requires original controller largely because of rapid fire. this used the analog feature (one of the only 2 original games to do so) that makes it a little harder to knock off, but it also would have zero benefit from autofire. only way a controller could help cheat here is if it had built into a gigantic macro that coded how to play the whole game and sent the inputs accordingly which seems very unlikely.

    non rapid fire games i've seen get a verbal warning of "dont do it again" but still accepted.
    I'm not disputing any of that and as much I know RageNyC's history in TG+Vectrex (I was the ref he applied to...) and absolutely trust his judgement: does any individual's opinion negate a rule on a track? It's like stating there's no need for a dog on your Atari 2600 track(s?) or there's no need for eating a certain brand of wings on timmel's track. Those extraneous activities are ruled as requirements for those tracks just as the controller is a requirement of this track.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  7. 11-29-2022, 07:04 AM
    Original controller is a requirement in the track rules. For this submission (your first TG submission), any variety of evidence that an original controller was used would work in my eyes with the caveat that it should really be shown on camera in the future. I never filmed my controller for the duration of any run, just showed it plugged in and showed it controlling the game by pressing Start on camera at the beginning or something like that.

    So if you have any evidence of the original controller (video, photo, etc.) you can add it here. Welcome to Twin Galaxies and awesome job on this performance!
  8. 11-29-2022, 07:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    I'm not disputing any of that and as much I know RageNyC's history in TG+Vectrex (I was the ref he applied to...) and absolutely trust his judgement: does any individual's opinion negate a rule on a track? It's like stating there's no need for a dog on your Atari 2600 track(s?) or there's no need for eating a certain brand of wings on timmel's track. Those extraneous activities are ruled as requirements for those tracks just as the controller is a requirement of this track.
    oh i'm not trying to suggest since he was ref at the time he can now rewrite history. now hes an equal and if he has a change of heart now from the rules he wrote as a ref too bad. I'm more trying to give context and spirit of the rule.
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  9. 11-29-2022, 07:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    oh i'm not trying to suggest since he was ref at the time he can now rewrite history. now hes an equal and if he has a change of heart now from the rules he wrote as a ref too bad. I'm more trying to give context and spirit of the rule.
    I'm acknowledging he wrote the majority of rules on Vectrex... so if there's anyone that can highlight some historical happenstance on Vectrex, it's Rage & I likely wouldn't question it (probably would also have a some deep, dank memory of it too). :D That's what I meant by referencing Rage.

    The problem here, is: in black & white in the rules is the word "requirement". It's like the "no passwords" issue that @thegamer1185 went through: it's probably a completely useless rule given circumstances under TGSAP but it's still there and we're adjudicating based on those rules...
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  10. 11-29-2022, 07:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    "requirement"
    D'oh... "MUST" - it's even given with emphasis.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Join us