NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Skate or Die - NTSC - Freestyle Ramp - 26,567

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. 12-05-2022, 12:55 PM
    You don't need to reset between attempts or anything. The way I do it is to position the camera so it takes in both the TV and the console, then show the media/cartridge being inserted, then hit power so we can see the console turning on and the image on the TV synched up. Then rotate camera to center on the TV and keep it there with the console running until you get the score you want. Then you can stop recording. Get all that evidence on camera up front then just play.
  2. 12-05-2022, 12:58 PM
    You don't need to reset between attempts or anything. The way I do it is to position the camera so it takes in both the TV and the console, then show the media/cartridge being inserted, then hit power so we can see the console turning on and the image on the TV synched up. Then rotate camera to center on the TV and keep it there with the console running until you get the score you want. Then you can stop recording. Get all that evidence on camera up front then just play.

If you do have a direct capture setup, the same applies to meet the current standards - have a camera showing the media and console powering on and being in sync with the screen/capture.

I do want to tack this on here, though: There is NOT a rule that states you must show bootup and console. You can clearly tell, though, that much of the community "needs" to see that to be sure they can vote in confidence. So it's not so much Rules Are Rules but more so that the community sets the standards and this is one that exists for many community members.
  3. 12-05-2022, 01:15 PM
    You are an expert player on this game without question.
    Your game play is not in question at all. 4 corner I skateboard.
    I see that you started at the bottom left end then to bottom right end then across to the top right end to the top left end scoring is high. Excellent game play.
    Name:  image.png
Views: 68
Size:  177.2 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxbmx View Post
    Totally understand your guys position, the rules are the rules and I as well (if ever in the position that somebody present a better score than mine) would like to have all the details/proof presented in order to judge with certainty.
    This in fact has given me even more desire to beat my previous score which I will be sure and have the console and all connections going into my TV present while filming my runs. Just to have full understanding; while filming my runs am I required to reset the game in between every single failed attempt?
    Thank you again guys for your support and I look forward to your response.
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
    Thanks pdxbmx thanked this post
    Likes pdxbmx liked this post
  4. 12-05-2022, 01:31 PM
    No, you definitely can just "keep trying", except on rare exceptions, MAME(PC Arcade), stuff like that.
    I get from your comments that you kinda "get" what some of us weirdo's (lol), are trying to stand pat on, or whatever-
    On hardware stuff, it's just best to be as "for sure" as you can on submissions, so there's no possible way for someone to poke holes in it, in the future.
    This stuff IS "for fun", but those type rules/requirements are really just to protect YOU, in the future, someone trying to call foul.

Really, Man. There's ups and downs, all that, kinda boring here lately tbh, but you'll meet a lot of cool people, be exposed to trying different games and stuff, I really do hope you understand/come to terms with how it's "done here", and stick around.
    I think I'm good at Ski or Die, might have a few #1's there, but I honestly can't remember, haha!!!
    :)
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
    Likes Barthax, JJT_Defender liked this post
  5. 12-05-2022, 03:08 PM
    Haha, I totally get it man, and I am equally protective of my accomplishments as well. Unfortunately I had not done my research prior to my submission here. All good, going forward I will indeed follow guidelines and be sure to show boot-up at minimum. Thank you guys for your support in all this, I'm super pumped to be honest in getting back to the grind! Hopefully I can blow out my previous score, its not going to be easy but it will be a blast trying!
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
  6. 12-29-2022, 06:50 PM
    I'm inclined to accept this submission and Vote Yes.

The submitter has been responsive and open to being educated on what's generally required, and promises to show boot up in future submissions.
    IF their future submissions dont meet the common evidence preferences then I may abstain from voting on those, but this submission being this gamers first submission in the TGSAP era I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

No rules have actually been broken, and there is nothing pointing towards underhandedness.
    If the submitter could post pictures of the console at the same tv that may help to alleviate the hesitation of some voters, but I'm inclined to accept.
    Rampage Arcade World Champion
    ...............Roy was Right..................
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Join us