TWIN GALAXIES's Feed

TWIN GALAXIES
12-17-2023 at 12:03 PM

Dear Community,


We are nearly complete with the new TG Certificate system and it should be arriving very soon!


In the meanwhile we have posted some initial information on the Twin Galaxies Wiki to help explain how the system works and to help those in the community that are interested in getting certificates take steps now to prepare for their arrival.


https://www.twingalaxies.com/wiki_index.php?title=Policy:Twin-Galaxies-World-Record-and-Achievement-Certificates

Please post any questions or thoughts you may have to this thread so we might be able to answer or address any confusion or concerns.


Thank you for your patience in this matter. Certificates have been needed for a long time!

User comments (24)

Unregistered's Avatar

This is very exciting, can't wait to try it out. I have a bit of experience with Ethereum blockchain, and NFT's (buying and selling), digital wallet, etc. I'll be happy to make a tutorial about it to help folks get into it.

Likes starcrytas liked this post
  • alarm

No offense but the website is barely functional and navigating through it can be a chore at times. Am I supposed to have faith and trust TG when it comes to handling blockchain when they can barely even handle a website? Not only that but NFTs have proven to be a bad idea to invest in. Ask Seth Green how well it went for him. This just seems like a bad idea all around considering the history with the handling of payments in the past for real certs, the H1Z1 Pro-League controversy, and all the other things we have read about that happened under this new era of TG. I would warn everyone to proceed with caution.

Thanks Scott Hawkins thanked this post
Likes sdwyer138, Scott Hawkins liked this post
  • alarm

I mean here are some snippits from the TOS that should have people worried.

"Please be advised that while Twin Galaxies Worldwide LLC (“Twin Galaxies”) endeavors to provide the highest quality experience and security in its application of blockchain technology, the industry is evolving and not fully regulated. As such, inherent risks and uncertainties are involved in the use of blockchain technology and digital assets such as Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs).

Twin Galaxies does not make any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the blockchain technology utilized or the NFTs offered. Users should be aware that participation in blockchain-based transactions and the purchase of NFTs carry potential risks. Twin Galaxies expressly disclaims all liability for any loss or damage that may arise, directly or indirectly, from the use of blockchain technology or ownership of NFTs.

By engaging in transactions with Twin Galaxies, including but not limited to the purchase of Twin Galaxies Certificates, users acknowledge and agree that they have an understanding of these risks and elect to proceed at their own risk. No refunds will be issued under any circumstances.

Users hereby fully and irrevocably waive any claims against Twin Galaxies Worldwide LLC, its owners, administrators, associates, or any affiliated persons or entities. Participation is an acknowledgment of the acceptance of all risks associated with blockchain technology and the understanding that the user is acting of their own volition. Twin Galaxies shall not be held accountable for any outcomes that may occur as a result of participating in its offerings. "


So in other words if you get screwed over (which is a good possibility) tough luck.

Thanks Scott Hawkins thanked this post
  • alarm

Well, instead of being a wet fish about it, I plan on teaching men how to fish. I'll be making a tutorial on how to get up and running with a digital wallet, how to acquire some digital currency, and how to HAVE SOME FUN!


Likes nads liked this post
  • alarm

Quote Originally Posted by datagod

Well, instead of being a wet fish about it, I plan on teaching men how to fish. I'll be making a tutorial on how to get up and running with a digital wallet, how to acquire some digital currency, and how to HAVE SOME FUN!


Losing money or worse is fun. Said nobody ever.
Likes Scott Hawkins liked this post
  • alarm

Do you lose money every time you drop 25 cents into an arcade machine? No, of course not.


  • alarm

Quote Originally Posted by datagod

Do you lose money every time you drop 25 cents into an arcade machine? No, of course not.


Who drops money into arcade machines now days? LOL
  • alarm

Quote Originally Posted by Ninglendo
Who drops money into arcade machines now days? LOL

100,000 people a year at Funspot.

  • alarm

Someday you will come to my fortress in Subarctica. I spend money on technology to learn about technology. I use my knowledge to win contracts. Lots of people drop money to learn. I preserve history (Arcade cabinets, pinball tables, endless consoles and physical games). I explore new technologies, I teach my kids. You would love my collections.

  • alarm

Quote Originally Posted by Ninglendo

No offense but the website is barely functional and navigating through it can be a chore at times. Am I supposed to have faith and trust TG when it comes to handling blockchain when they can barely even handle a website? Not only that but NFTs have proven to be a bad idea to invest in. Ask Seth Green how well it went for him. This just seems like a bad idea all around considering the history with the handling of payments in the past for real certs, the H1Z1 Pro-League controversy, and all the other things we have read about that happened under this new era of TG. I would warn everyone to proceed with caution.

No offense was taken. When TGSAP was introduced, there were many who were skeptical of its effectiveness or ability to work at all, and probably some remain so. So I understand completely. People should absolutely only do what they are comfortable with.

To be clear, the purpose of this new feature is to provide a secure way for people to get their TG certificates on a more immediate basis digitally while maintaining a secure encryption method that prevents forgery or ownership duplication. Blockchain technology specifically provides for this, and that is why it is being used. This new feature was not created or intended as an investment vehicle for the sole purpose of speculative gain.

You may have missed the part of the FAQ that explains that there are no payment transactions of any kind taking place on the Twin Galaxies website in any form or fashion for the NFT acquisition process. That's just not happening. So rest assured, there is no "TG handling of payments" to be concerned with since there is no actual handling of payments by TG.

I very much agree that everyone should proceed with caution, and if a person has any feeling of unease about the system, they should simply not participate and not acquire their TG certificate. There is no pressure or expectation for anyone to do so. Choosing not to get your certificate does not impact your score listing in the database in any way.

Based on your personal level of expressed concern in your comment, @Ninglendo , I would definitely recommend that you absolutely do not participate at all, ever. An abundance of caution is probably the best choice.

Hope that helps clarify a few points.

Thanks datagod thanked this post
Likes Snowflake, Rotunda liked this post
  • alarm

Quote Originally Posted by Jace Hall


No offense was taken.
....

I would definitely recommend that you absolutely do not participate at all, ever.

nice. how much for an nft of this tweet slamming ninglendo?
Likes sdwyer138 liked this post
  • alarm

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake

nice. how much for an nft of this tweet slamming ninglendo?

Tweet? Is this Twitter now?
;)
Not sure how that all works but you can mint pictures into NFT's, so I'm guessing you could take a screenshot of that "tweet" as you say and have it minted into an NFT.

I'm not against this new certificate implementation, but I do share some of Glenn's concerns. More so, I dont really understand it. I'm afraid the technical process may dissuade many who would otherwise purchase a certificate. I'm positive and hopeful, but I also have concerns. Hopefully over time it comes to be something useful for the community.
  • alarm
EVN

EVN's Avatar

So how do you "mint" this currency? By voting or submitting scores? Not sure whats worse:

-Coins for credibility encouraging mass voting where the person willing to watch all the bulk trash gets rich.

-Coins for submitting, encouraging people to make a bazillion trash tracks and submit half-assed scores to them.

Neither options are going to attract more quality performance submissions, if anything it'll lower the average quality of performance submissions even more.

Hope there's a third good option I'm not seeing.

  • alarm

Well, I'm clearly getting old as this has me completely lost. Are we paying for certificates now then? As years ago i though it was going to be down to credibility, i think?

For those saying the website is barely functional to navigate... Take it from me, it is WORLDS ahead of where it was when i first joined. Instead of bashing perhaps add some valid helpful suggestions.

It's good to see progress coming along at last but i do see the concerns regarding the terms of this but hey, its clearly outlined and if you don't like it don't participate. No big deal.

I've heard nothing but bad things about NFT's but as i barely understand the point of them i won't voice any personal concerns regarding them and TG.

Do we have any previews of how the certs will look? How does one acquire 'coins' or do we pay with real world cash? If so, what is the price? It's a shame it can't be done for whatever effort people put into TG but that is what it is i guess.

  • alarm

Quote Originally Posted by rotunda

I've heard nothing but bad things about NFT's but as i barely understand the point of them i won't voice any personal concerns regarding them and TG.

Do we have any previews of how the certs will look? How does one acquire 'coins' or do we pay with real world cash? If so, what is the price? It's a shame it can't be done for whatever effort people put into TG but that is what it is i guess.



I use MetaMask for my digital wallet. It has the capability to buy tokens on multiple block chains.

This whole world can be quite daunting for sure. I have experience buying a trading card NFT and then reselling it. It took me about 8 hours of research due to technical issues by the organization that minted the NFT's.

I plan on writing a tutorial to help my fellow community members. It wont' take you anywhere near as long as that of course!


  • alarm

Quote Originally Posted by rotunda

Well, I'm clearly getting old as this has me completely lost. Are we paying for certificates now then? As years ago i though it was going to be down to credibility, i think?

For those saying the website is barely functional to navigate... Take it from me, it is WORLDS ahead of where it was when i first joined. Instead of bashing perhaps add some valid helpful suggestions.

It's good to see progress coming along at last but i do see the concerns regarding the terms of this but hey, its clearly outlined and if you don't like it don't participate. No big deal.

I've heard nothing but bad things about NFT's but as i barely understand the point of them i won't voice any personal concerns regarding them and TG.

Do we have any previews of how the certs will look? How does one acquire 'coins' or do we pay with real world cash? If so, what is the price? It's a shame it can't be done for whatever effort people put into TG but that is what it is i guess.


The fixed price will be $29.95 for the certificate. The actual act of buying the certificate will take place at a website called www.rarible.com. That is where the TG Certificate store lives.

On the Rarible website, people can only buy or sell things with TOKENS. So to buy your TG Certificate on Rarible you will need TOKENS.

One of the TOKEN types that the Rarible website accepts is a TOKEN called MATIC.

So you need to buy MATIC tokens that you can then use on the Rarible website to buy your TG Certificate. You can buy MATIC tokens at places like COINBASE.COM.

To put this in a theoretical comparative gaming context:

- Imagine that you wanted to buy a special battle axe in a game like World of Warcraft for a character you have.


- To do that, your character will need to actually buy that axe inside the game itself at an armory with in-game Warcraft GOLD that your character must possess.

- So you use your credit card to buy WARCRAFT GOLD on the BLIZZARD website for $10, which is then placed into your WARCRAFT CHARACTER's ACCOUNT, and then that GOLD can be used IN THE GAME by your character to buy the AXE you want.


Translating the last sentence:

"So you use your credit card to buy MATIC (WARCRAFT GOLD) on the COINBASE (BLIZZARD) website for $29.95, which is then placed into your BLOCKCHAIN WALLET (WARCRAFT CHARACTER's ACCOUNT), and then that MATIC (GOLD) can be used on Rarible.com (IN THE GAME) to buy the TG Certificate (AXE) you want."


To further the analogy:

Setting up your BLOCKCHAIN WALLET = Downloading World of Warcraft, installing it, and creating your character account.


I hope this somewhat helped your understanding. Happy to explain more as needed.


Thanks JJT_Defender, datagod thanked this post
Likes Pat Larocque liked this post
  • alarm

Quote Originally Posted by Jace Hall



The fixed price will be $29.95 for the certificate. The actual act of buying the certificate will take place at a website called www.rarible.com. That is where the TG Certificate store lives.

On the Rarible website, people can only buy or sell things with TOKENS. So to buy your TG Certificate on Rarible you will need TOKENS.

One of the TOKEN types that the Rarible website accepts is a TOKEN called MATIC.

So you need to buy MATIC tokens that you can then use on the Rarible website to buy your TG Certificate. You can buy MATIC tokens at places like COINBASE.COM.


So in other words a ponzi scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Jace Hall
To put this in a theoretical comparative gaming context:

- Imagine that you wanted to buy a special battle axe in a game like World of Warcraft for a character you have.


- To do that, your character will need to actually buy that axe inside the game itself at an armory with in-game Warcraft GOLD that your character must possess.

- So you use your credit card to buy WARCRAFT GOLD on the BLIZZARD website for $10, which is then placed into your WARCRAFT CHARACTER's ACCOUNT, and then that GOLD can be used IN THE GAME by your character to buy the AXE you want.


Translating the last sentence:

"So you use your credit card to buy MATIC (WARCRAFT GOLD) on the COINBASE (BLIZZARD) website for $29.95, which is then placed into your BLOCKCHAIN WALLET (WARCRAFT CHARACTER's ACCOUNT), and then that MATIC (GOLD) can be used on Rarible.com (IN THE GAME) to buy the TG Certificate (AXE) you want."


To further the analogy:

Setting up your BLOCKCHAIN WALLET = Downloading World of Warcraft, installing it, and creating your character account.


I hope this somewhat helped your understanding. Happy to explain more as needed.




Mr. I Play WOW doesn't even know that you buy high end items from the Auction House not Vendors in game. Not only that but I'm just going to leave this here.

  • alarm

Quote Originally Posted by Ninglendo

So in other words a ponzi scheme.

LOL. Selling things isn't a scheme.

  • alarm

Quote Originally Posted by datagod


LOL. Selling things isn't a scheme.

  • alarm

To prepare for the opportunity to buy TG certificates, I walked through the steps in the FAQ. This is what I did.


-in the FAQ, I clicked on the MetaMask hyperlink. It brought me to the site. I decided to install a Chrome extension to use MetaMask on my laptop.
-I created my MetaMask account
-once created, you can click the small icon on the upper left that says "Etherium Mainnet" - select "Add network" and select "Polygon Mainnet"
-this will set you up so you can buy MATIC tokens

-you'll be brought to a screen to buy/sell, send, swap, etc, and your MATIC balance

-clicking "buy" brought me to a screen to buy/sell. The default display in my case was Etherium

-toggle to search/select Matic - Polygon Mainnet

-from there, you can purchase Matic Tokens from different exchanges. I haven't purchased any tokens at this point.

-next, I went to rarible.com

-there's an icon in the top right called "Connect Wallet"

-when selecting from the options, make sure you have "Polygon" highlighted to see the wallet options. One of them should be MetaMask

-you'll be prompted to create username and enter your preferred email in order to set up your rarible profile


Once the certificate links are live, I'll buy the necessary number of Matic tokens to purchase the TG certificate at rarible. I'll post an update about my experience completing the transaction.



Likes Jace Hall liked this post
  • alarm
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us