Deca 2004:Last 14 days proposal

1. Deca 2004:Last 14 days proposal

03-19-2004, 04:21 AM
    Hi all,

I meant to send this in yesterday. :D

I was wondering if it's possible to have the leaderboard updated every 48 hours? I know it may be a though ask but since were coming to the end it would be nice to know your respective postion in the great scheme of things?

Good idea or bad idea?

Flop

PS Anyone that hasn't sent in a spectar score yet, now would be a really good time.
  2. 03-19-2004, 10:17 AM
    For me good idea.
  3. 03-26-2004, 02:49 PM
    I meant to post this earlier, but now we're now down to less than one week to go. I would like to add a suggestion that the referees send a confirmation email when a new submission is received. I know Robert Macauley does this and I really appreciate the confirmation. It would be a shame if there were some kind of mixup where a late submission was missed.
  4. 03-26-2004, 03:17 PM
    Yes, you are right.
  5. 03-26-2004, 09:57 PM
    Agreed, I just received a confirmation for my Frenzy score (46K) and it's much appreciated.
    Martin Bedard

Arcade Finder - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
  6. Have Faith !!

03-29-2004, 04:06 PM
    Hello all:

Every effort will be made to ensure that all submissions are accepted.

If you need to make absolutely sure, then providing a zip-enclosure is what you are sending, if it makes you feel more at-ease, feel free in the closing 2 days to send either myself or Brien King a copy as well. This way, a second referee (just in case) has a time-stamped copy, so that there are no hard feelings.

So, if the primary referee does not for any unknown reason receive the file, a backup copy is on hand, just in case. It won't be reviewed as the assumption remains that the primary ref will do the reviewing, but at least it might provide some peace of mind in the closing 48 hours.

Robert
  7. 03-30-2004, 05:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dbh
    I would like to add a suggestion that the referees send a confirmation email when a new submission is received.
    Good idea. I will do this for everyone instead of just those that ask until the end. :)
    Brett (smsforce)
Join us