Arcade - 1943: The Battle of Midway - Points [Two Player Team] - 3,791,820 - Brendan Pedro

Is the performance claim below valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Arcade - 1943: The Battle of Midway - Points [Two Player Team] - 3,791,820 - Brendan Pedro

02-10-2015, 02:16 AM
    Points [Two Player Team]
    Rules
    Dip-Switch Bank A:
    1-5 = OFF
    6-8 = ON
    Dip-Switch Bank B:
    1-8 = OFF
    Note: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this title and will provide the following settings;
    Normal Difficulty
    Special Rules: This is a 2 Player Only Variation! No Continues Are Allowed! Both Players must start at the same time! The record is the sum of the 2 scores upon game completion.
    Submission Message
    Having trouble with the uploader, video here:

This score was performed at Funspot in New Hampshire in November 2014. There were multiple witnesses to the performance, which has also been verified at Aurcade.
    .Name:  10441497_10203324133444410_7887569306116420921_n.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  73.9 KB
  2. 02-10-2015, 02:21 AM
    I followed the instructions I received in the email for creating a joint account, but the name in the subject doesn't match the way the names are entered in the profile. To make it explicitly clear the players are Brendan O'Dowd and Michael Sao Pedro.
  3. 02-10-2015, 02:32 AM
    As long as no one familiar with the game objects to something in the game play I will accept this submission.
  4. 02-10-2015, 05:03 AM
    Yup, I was there during this performance, glad to see it finally appear here at TG. Good work guys!
  5. 02-10-2015, 07:54 AM
    Great game. Great run! I need to find one of those machines locally. Haven't seen one in ages.
  6. 02-10-2015, 10:21 AM
    Great game.accepted
  7. 02-10-2015, 10:29 AM
    Nice work Brendan Pedro
    Likes hanasu liked this post
  8. 02-10-2015, 11:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Pawlak View Post
    Great game. Great run! I need to find one of those machines locally. Haven't seen one in ages.
    Not sure how close any of these are to you but there's a list at Aurcade: http://aurcade.com/games/view.aspx?id=14
  9. 02-10-2015, 08:45 PM
    Need to raise a red flag here (or at least a yellow one): These guys are using secret codes to activate special weapons at the beginning of each stage. The weapons themselves are not always useful, but you get a full 64 seconds of timer to use them, which can be easily maintained by collecting other weapons to boost the clock. This is a huge help, as normally the weapon clock runs low by the time you reach the boss.

The link below describes how to do this:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/arcade/56393...-midway/cheats

Not sure if this is an accepted practice among players of this game or not. I've seen this before on MARP, and there's nothing in the rules that specifically bans this stuff, but in general TG doesn't allow the use of secret codes of any kind.

Not sure which way to vote on this. Let's discuss!
    Tom Votava
    http://rdrunner0077.blogspot.com/
    Thanks datagod, Cthulhu thanked this post
  10. 02-11-2015, 01:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rdrunner View Post
    Need to raise a red flag here (or at least a yellow one): These guys are using secret codes to activate special weapons at the beginning of each stage. The weapons themselves are not always useful, but you get a full 64 seconds of timer to use them, which can be easily maintained by collecting other weapons to boost the clock. This is a huge help, as normally the weapon clock runs low by the time you reach the boss.

The link below describes how to do this:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/arcade/56393...-midway/cheats

Not sure if this is an accepted practice among players of this game or not. I've seen this before on MARP, and there's nothing in the rules that specifically bans this stuff, but in general TG doesn't allow the use of secret codes of any kind.

Not sure which way to vote on this. Let's discuss!
    I'll have to wait and see what all is said about the codes before I vote. Also, the system certainly is not setup for 2 player teams or even 3 or 4 player teams but I wish it was. We had to use both of our last names when submitting our score. It works but a first and last name for each player would be much better before a lot of other teams create accounts and then it becomes a bigger mess.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Join us