Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive - 6-Pak - EMU - Sonic the Hedgehog [Fastest Minimalist Completion] - 31:20.0 - Jared Oswald

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive - 6-Pak - EMU - Sonic the Hedgehog [Fastest Minimalist Completion] - 31:20.0 - Jared Oswald

06-24-2020, 09:36 PM
    vzaar-player

EMU - Sonic the Hedgehog [Fastest Minimalist Completion]
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=232027
    Rules
    No Settings To Change [No Codes or Continues Allowed!]Special Rules: The timer begins when you hit start on the title screen and ends when you delivers the final blow on Robotnik. The usage of Infinity Lives, All Emeralds or Wall Glitch are NOT allowed. You must complete the game or your record/attempt will be disqualified.
    Submission Message
    This is a new submission.

Here's the Picture:

Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 06-24-2020, 10:52 PM
    I don't think 6 Pak should even be listed as a game.

For console, if you want to submit for Sonic the rules state "[Please note that you may use either the Original Cartridge, the 6-Pak cartridge or the Sonic Classics / Sonic Compilation cartridge for your attempt.]"

So why should Emu be different?

In my opinion all the 6 Pak should be deleted as a separate game, and you should make Emu tracks under the original game title.
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  3. 10-15-2020, 10:04 AM
    Time confirmed. I watched the ending several times to make sure, but it seems the final hit is in the piston. The hit after that is 'story telling' and not controlled by the player. I haven't beaten this game in 25 years so I couldn't remember for sure.

Player rounds up since it finished with .6 seconds to 31:220 which is the right call.

Voting yes, unless someone tells me I am wrong about the game ending.
  4. 10-15-2020, 10:13 AM
    I missed this issue with the 6 pack. I can hold off on voting until that question resolved. It is a track, but it appears the question is, should it be.
  5. 10-15-2020, 01:04 PM
    Voting yes Another Wr Jared
    Name:  image.png
Views: 33
Size:  41.1 KB
    Special Rules: The timer begins when you hit start on the title screen and
    ends when you delivers the final blow on Robotnik.
    Result
    0 days 0 hours 32 minutes 4 seconds
    - 0 days 0 hours 0 minutes 44 seconds
    = 0 days 0 hours 31 minutes 20 seconds
    Game starts at :44 on the video
Size:  130.6 KB
    Final time is at 32:04 on the video
Size:  361.7 KB
    Game settings
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  6. 10-15-2020, 01:08 PM
    He Twin Galaxies staff can you take a look at this
    Question
    1. Is sega Genesis /Sega Mega Drive - 6 EMU game track? @admin staff @Jace Hall @SincerelyFranny
    Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive - 6-Pak - EMU - Sonic the Hedgehog
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
    Thanks Luigi Ruffolo thanked this post
  7. 10-26-2020, 11:48 AM
    outside of true duplicates (though i've noticed that rule ignored) players allowed to make any track they like and are no under obligation to follow any standards created by prior iterations of tg, other platforms, or non emu/emu whatever.

if a track is defined wrong, scoreboard errors thread is the place for that argument, i'll agree to bite my tongue and let you two hash this one out there, but for the queue that needs cleaning up i'm accepting
    Lode Runner Champion
  8. 10-26-2020, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    outside of true duplicates (though i've noticed that rule ignored) players allowed to make any track they like and are no under obligation to follow any standards created by prior iterations of tg, other platforms, or non emu/emu whatever.

if a track is defined wrong, scoreboard errors thread is the place for that argument, i'll agree to bite my tongue and let you two hash this one out there, but for the queue that needs cleaning up i'm accepting
    If tracks had to have community input, and couldnt be just immediately funded by the founder, you know this would never have passed.
  9. 10-26-2020, 12:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sdwyer138 View Post
    If tracks had to have community input, and couldnt be just immediately funded by the founder, you know this would never have passed.
    agreed, but the "if" is just that an "if" its not the reality. the reality is individuals can make their own track, well with one famous example that theres no need to shame explicilty. The case there though was rules that truly could not be followed, here the rules are well defined, the issue is just dilluition.

if we're to discuss feeling and desires not just current rules, honestly i'm split. i'm a big believer in peoples right to make what they want (as long as rules are actually possible and not gibberish), i also get annoyed cluttering up the queue with unneeded near duplicates. but there it is, my real driving motivation right here isnt even my typical defense of peoples right to make what they want, i just want the queue cleared, and as the current tg rules allow this track to exist i think we have a better chance of accepting than rejecting.

i tell you what, if you can convince people to go along with you and verbalize, i'll suck it up, go against my feelings/better judgement and go with the flow. i'm just really dont like things sticking in the queue forever -- and before you bring up my game and watch i'd cancel if i could, but im not gonna do anything else that results in screwing half the voters
    Lode Runner Champion
Join us