1. Atari 7800 - Choplifter! - Hostages Rescued - 64

09-29-2022, 05:47 AM
    vzaar-player

Hostages Rescued
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=5461
    Rank
    Rules
    Score is based on number of hostages rescued and returned safely to base. Maximum possible score is 64.
    This game has no settings for the player to select, therefore no other specific rules apply. Please use default settings.
    Submission Message
    This score was verified back in 2007--Just putting the video on TG.

No settings, one attempt.

This game had been p!ssing me off. I reallllly wanted the 64. After a lot of tinkering around, I came up with this method which makes some of the enemies not appear (Usually the enemies are swarming everywhere by like the 3rd run through). I remember Frankie found it on Youtube and jokingly said "You're exposed!" I made like I was shocked, but I'm the one that put it there under the TG account lol. I always share my techniques and secrets :) Every move I make is for a reason. Follow exactly what I do, and you can get yourself a 64!

Attached Images Attached Images  
  2. 09-29-2022, 06:44 AM
    Awesome!!! I wonder if those same techniques work for the Intellivision Choplifter game???

ACCEPTED!!!
    ***A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of Chess?***
    Thanks RaGeNyC thanked this post
    Likes RaGeNyC, Rogerpoco liked this post
  3. 09-29-2022, 07:30 AM
    I've loved playing Choplifter on different platforms. I don't think there's a single tactic which works on them all but there are lots of tactics that are worth checking. Great to see another one where flying backwards works. :D
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Likes Rickster8, RaGeNyC, Rogerpoco liked this post
  4. 09-29-2022, 12:26 PM
    The flying backward technique works for the Colecovision and the 5200 Choplifter. Especially after the fighter jet appears. I'm sure it would work for the INTV game as well. I've been dabbling in some CV Choplifter Skill 4.
    So many games, so little time!
    Thanks RaGeNyC, Rickster8 thanked this post
    Likes RaGeNyC, Rickster8, Excelliron, Rogerpoco liked this post
  5. 09-29-2022, 12:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Northcoastgamer View Post
    The flying backward technique works for the Colecovision and the 5200 Choplifter. Especially after the fighter jet appears. I'm sure it would work for the INTV game as well. I've been dabbling in some CV Choplifter Skill 4.
    Seems I've lost my CV footage. :( From memory there's a single tactic which works for all skill levels on CV: land earlier than the tanks appear & let the blokes walk to you. Obviously you need to pop past there to unlock the doors but then skip back & land in the same place again.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  6. 09-29-2022, 12:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster8 View Post
    Awesome!!! I wonder if those same techniques work for the Intellivision Choplifter game???

ACCEPTED!!!
    What barthax said :)

Experiment with it, brother!
    Likes Rickster8 liked this post
  7. 09-29-2022, 07:50 PM
    Badassed.
    Another one I somehow didn't see you cracking, but it's actually really cool to see some stuff from ya, currently(tho I know this ain't current), versatility and stuff.
    I might try this, you did make it look easy, but I know it's not.
    Previously accepted, vid certainly seems legit(Don't you miss the good old days? Me, not so much. Too young to have ever had to deal with that crap, I've never "pressed" record, just clicked it.
    Old assed fugger.
    VHS?
    Sheesh.
    Go back to the 80's where you belong.
    (Lemme know, I'll go with you...).
    :)
    Accepted!!!
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
    Likes RaGeNyC, GregDeg, Barthax liked this post
Join us